I'm waiting for the man . . .

Soldato
I don't get The Velvet Underground. In fact I don't get popular music made before 1970. It speaks to and for a different generation and it's almost like another language to me.

I’ve listened to quite a lot of their music and I found the live stuff much more appealing than their albums. I think you also have to bear in mind that they were riding a wave. They were one of the first of their kind and they broke down all sorts of walls

Soldato
All backed up to FLAC's but I've got around 3 missing

sparks.jpg

Talk about coincidences, I was listening to Speed Kills Vol.1 earlier today. :)

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

My question is who hasnt? You seriously saying you have never heard of Sparks??????

I've never heard of Sparks.

But then again, I don't really like music. I don't even have the radio on/music playing in the car.

Man of Honour
But then again, I don't really like music. I don't even have the radio on/music playing in the car.

i know several people who are not into music including a work colleague.
Absolutely no interest in anybody.
When my Father in Law died we had no idea what to play at his funeral but my Mother in law had a large cupboard from Beethoven & Mozart to Deep Purple & AC/DC.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

When my Father in Law died we had no idea what to play at his funeral but my Mother in law had a large cupboard from Beethoven & Mozart to Deep Purple & AC/DC.

Yeah, I think I own max 7 albums - Michael Jackson - History, four Oasis albums, Garbage - Version 2, Nirvanna - Nevermind and Kula Shaker - K.

There'll be no music at my funeral, just some poetry.

Soldato
gid cover

saw Sparks at Connect festival in 2008 but vague memories...pretty sure they did 'this town ain't big enough' tho, surely...

Last edited:
Soldato
Caporegime
But living under a rock must make you remarkably unaware and look a whole lot older :D

:D
I am going grey to be fair.

Velvet Underpants had a member called Lou Reed who Metallica drooled over to make one of the worst albums ever called Lulu and made no excuses for doing it.
I know you've heard of Metallica.

AHH yes that one, still not sure I ever made it all the way through it :p

Soldato

I can't comprehend this. How can someone not have any interest in music? I look at peopleb who say that like they have two heads.

Man of Honour
I can't comprehend this. How can someone not have any interest in music? I look at peopleb who say that like they have two heads.

It is weird for us and I've never asked anybody about it.
We now have @amigafan2003 who can perhaps enlighten us to what it feels like not to be interested in music.
There is a local couple who go round watching bands for decades and it was only recently that I found out she had no interest in any act, nothing excited her.
I know she used to hate my rock band so I told her I'm now playing in a pop band doing ABBA etc and it didn't register, her husband she said "She has no interest in any music, only that she didn't like your shouting voice in the rock band" :)

Back
Top Bottom