I’m building a Polytunnel.

Caporegime
OP
Comfrey bed for home made fertiliser

x0jWNGW.jpg

Elephant Garlic bed I planted last November

razovji.jpg

Connected a tap to polytunnel fed from the IBC tanks and pump and buried the water pipe properly underground.

4OGj5rW.jpg

New potato bed….I grew potatoes in three external beds last year so I’ll use these beds for some cabbages, peas etc….This new bed is filled with home made compost….Im guessing I have around 2 tonnes of it in total…

t4R5FKL.jpg

Caporegime
OP
Grapevine to plant into this bed….Bought it for £2.50 and it looked dead….but overwintered it’s in the tunnel and it’s springing to life..

SknwG8F.jpg

Compost

4m3QqiT.jpg

more compost

2XPQdCk.jpg

Browns to add to grass cutting for more compost

hly34mq.jpg

More Browns

Uf2a038.jpg

Aspragus

rAcbwpg.jpg

Strawberry patch

BJJc2CT.jpg

New apple tree cuttings I’ve taken off the apple trees

Y1V8RdB.jpg

Tatts

RZ9aN7B.jpg

Caporegime
OP
Strawberry in the roof

R2fCY5d.jpg

lYM80Wh.jpg

herbs coming back

3EPu4F8.jpg

One of the 7 compost bins

9oDK7J7.jpg

spinach cut back to a stump last winter and it’s back again….

39WctRS.jpg

Tiny Gooseberry plant from a mates garden

T3DH3ZD.jpg

more strawberry for roof

dWj6tcj.jpg

Soldato
Looks good. Impressed by how much you have going. I have tried strawberries in gutters, I found it very difficult to keep them alive in polytunnel just not enough solids to prevent drying out. I bought Ultra Hi Flow Gutter and put them outside and that worked much better as you have nearly 8 times the cross sectional area.

Caporegime
OP
Looks good. Impressed by how much you have going. I have tried strawberries in gutters, I found it very difficult to keep them alive in polytunnel just not enough solids to prevent drying out. I bought Ultra Hi Flow Gutter and put them outside and that worked much better as you have nearly 8 times the cross sectional area.

Yeah I hear you there. I will probably just dig a trench in one of the beds outside and slide them out all in one go….

I’ll be doing this with method with peas… and just slide them out into a trench…@ 4mins 40

Associate
I see your strawberries have flowers on in the pictures, when did they start to flower and how warm is it in the polytunnel? Is it heated?

Mine are outside, so not expecting them to start flowering until late May, but suprised how early yours have flowered!

Caporegime
OP
I see your strawberries have flowers on in the pictures, when did they start to flower and how warm is it in the polytunnel? Is it heated?

Mine are outside, so not expecting them to start flowering until late May, but suprised how early yours have flowered!

Currently can reach 100F but these temps are controlled by air flow and fans….It’s not heated…Strawberries started to flower couple of weeks ago…

Back
Top Bottom