The Tesla Thread

Soldato
Surpised me how expensive the Y has come in, typical launch stuff i guess, as the RWD will give that entry car. Mach E is also cheaper i think.

The i4 is almost a true coupe, the Model Y is a crossover SUV, how are they even remotely the same other than having a hatch back?

He said a hatch with performance, both are and of similar length. True coupe with 5 doors? Give over. The tunnel in i4 shows its roots though thats for sure.

Soldato
I ordered a Y. FFS.

Love it :D. I'd be really tempted to trade in my M3 but I probably can't justify the price difference, especially as a few of the incentives that were knocking about when I got mine have gone. I'll have to do some research into whether the 100% FYA is still about amongst others.

The fact that I can sell the M3 atm for more than I bought it 2 years ago is one big incentive though!

Soldato
Work are putting together a new benefits package, one of which is going to be some sort of car lease option. Looking on the site of the company doing it they will offer it via salary sacrifice which is handy for the tax benefits. I have long admired getting a Tesla if only for the tech so depending on the price I think I want to go for a Model 3.

I don't even drive to work but my partner would be doing roughly 150 miles a week so we should get away with only charging it once a week. We have no driveway/garage or anything so would be reliant on a public charging spot but no real bother.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Got a stone chip on the front bumper and a gash on the pillar near the roof which is deep enough to catch your nail on :(

Booked in at a service centre to look at something unrelated but I'm more concerned with the gash above the door as it's the rear passenger side and I haven't even had anyone in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Work are putting together a new benefits package, one of which is going to be some sort of car lease option. Looking on the site of the company doing it they will offer it via salary sacrifice which is handy for the tax benefits. I have long admired getting a Tesla if only for the tech so depending on the price I think I want to go for a Model 3.

I don't even drive to work but my partner would be doing roughly 150 miles a week so we should get away with only charging it once a week. We have no driveway/garage or anything so would be reliant on a public charging spot but no real bother.

A lot of the work salary sacrifice schemes for EV mandate that you must have a charger installed at home, and have somewhere suitable to charge it, so you may be out of luck

Soldato
The 4680 cars are a long, long way away in Europe. I can't wait that long for a car :(

I'll probably wait for them to appear in the wild....Only 2 years into my M3 car at the moment - I was tempted to flip it (for a model Y immedaitely) as I can get £1000 more than I paid brand new for the car at the moment. Imagine profiting from a 2 year old car! mental.

Will sit and wait for now - see what the next 12-18 months brings.

Soldato
A lot of the work salary sacrifice schemes for EV mandate that you must have a charger installed at home, and have somewhere suitable to charge it, so you may be out of luck
Yeah thankfully that's not a mandatory thing. We are in London so it would be pretty pointless to request that as most don't even live in a house haha.

Soldato

Shame they didn't do that for company car PHEVs. Preferential rates for BIK only when evidence of a home charger installed.

EV it doesnt matter as it will be running on electricity regardless.

Back
Top Bottom