What to do in Birmingham on Monday night?

Soldato
My partner and I have a hotel booked for a gig we had in Birmingham on Monday, unfortunately the gig has been postponed and the hotel is non-refundable.

It seems a waste of money to not use the hotel but a waste of more money just to go for the sake of it if there's nothing planned.

So WWGD do? Hit me with your best suggestions for a night out in Birmingham on a Monday! :p

Soldato
OP
Any other gigs on? Maybe at a smaller venue etc? It's a chance to see someone unknown.
Maybe just go for a meal and the cinema?

Without the hotel cost, you could probably make it as cheap or as luxurious as you want to really.

Had a quick look, my options seem to be something called Villagers or Plastic Elvis :cry:

It'll probably end up the meal and cinema, I'm always up for a great curry and The Duel looks like it could be good.

Bowling? Is there a Flight Club up there? Some sort of game really. :p

There is a Fight Club, never heard of them before but came across it this morning when searching. Unforturnately I'm waiting to see a Physio about a damaged shoulder, so bowling and darts probably aren't the best idea atm, else that would have been a good shout.

The last time I was in Birmingham I nearly ended up having a foursome with another couple.

Why don't you do that.

:p

Soldato
If you really can't think of anything to do I'd not bother going. Shame about the hotel not being able to offer a refund or change the date to accommodate the show.

It seems a waste of money to not use the hotel but a waste of more money just to go for the sake of it if there's nothing planned.

Sunk cost fallacy.

Soldato
OP
Obviously depends on your choice of music but Villagers are actually decent, if you're into folkey type music.

You can buy one of their albums (Awayland) off me in the MM and you'll have it tomorrow :D

I'm just listening to Fever Dreams on YT, and yea after a slow start that wasn't too bad, I'll send it to 'er indoors to see what she thinks.

Back
Top Bottom