Royal Mail rant incoming...

Soldato
From what the OP said, it was well packaged and bigger than an envelope slot.

On top of that, the house has had many open days and viewings since then with the agency and the landlord doing work so any hope of it being there is extremely slim. I'd need to check when back in UK as to when I catch someone viewing the place.

Where you in the country when the delivery was "made"??

Open days/viewings?? So in effect there has been loads of people in and out of the property and anyone of those people could have lifted the parcel since it was "delivered"

I just don't see how this can be anything can come back on the sender here..... RM saying delivered, this has been confirmed by Postal Review, gps data supports that the postie was at least in the street, buyer unable to check local delivery depot himself as not currently in the country, also confirms numerous people have been in and out of the property over the last 3 weeks. How can any of this come back on the seller here?

Soldato
Weren't we talking about the neighbours property to check there?

I left Saturday and come back this weekend. The parcel was "delivered" a month ago.

Exactly, a month ago while you been fannying around avoiding doing anything about it. Once RM said it was delivered and I didn’t have it in my hands, I would have been contacting neighbours, speaking with postie next day etc. All we get is weird snippets from you a month later about the street numbering system and next door being empty. You wouldn’t be getting a refund from me, put it that way.

Associate
RMSD items cannot be left with neighbors, in bins, over gates or anywhere, they are to be handed only to someone who confirms their name/surname on the parcel. We are told we still have to sign for the items ourselves and the items are to be scanned at the door so the GPS must be fairly acurate. If no one is in they have to be returned to the depot for redelivery or customer pick up. The most likely scenario is the postie signed for it, which we have to do and now the recipient is making a claim for not delivered because it has been signed for by the postie. This happens a fair bit which is why we have to scan stuff at the door for the GPS tracking. Yes stuff gets nicked just like at any other delivery firm but the chances of that happening are far more lower than the recipient trying to pull a fast one.

Soldato
It confuses me why people assume posties would nick these parcels. Risk loosing your 500 quid a week job over some hair straighteners with a amazing pension plan. We all get background checked before applying, we are not Hermes or amazon where they aren’t actually hired by the company.

Well, according to this thread, where's the risk? RM take the postie's word for it, and as far as they are concerned that's the end of it. I would hope that if there are numerous reports of missing parcels for a single postie then there would be a bit more investigation, but if you're careful and only take one every few months then it would probably be pretty easy to get away with.

At this stage the seller to my eyes has done his investigation and Royal Mail states they delivered it. The buyer if he honestly didn’t get it should now take legal action against Royal Mail, normally this means the police show up and interview the postal worker with gps and tracking information provided. Honestly be quite a hard case to win but yea.

The buyer has no contract with Royal Mail, so what legal action should he take against them?

Associate
Well, according to this thread, where's the risk? RM take the postie's word for it, and as far as they are concerned that's the end of it. I would hope that if there are numerous reports of missing parcels for a single postie then there would be a bit more investigation, but if you're careful and only take one every few months then it would probably be pretty easy to get away with.

The buyer has no contract with Royal Mail, so what legal action should he take against them?

Well, accoding to this thread also, it's all over Google that posties are getting sacked all the time for nicking stuff so there's the risk, losing your job over nicking something that may or may not be wort anything. You think RMSD parcels are just handed out to anyone in the office that wants one? And that if the same postie has parcels of any kind go missing once or twice a month nothing is done? Judging by your statement if you ever worked there sounds like you'd be a prime contender for nicking stuff if you think it's that easy.

All we get is weird snippets
Wtf are you in about? I've done as much as you can ask with sixtwo and as ideas come to mind we've explored them.

Just because you don't know exactly what has happened doesn't mean we haven't done anything big boy.

The point was about neighbours getting it if the GPS is not accurate to within 2/3 metres max. I was asking the guy that works at Royal mail to clarify.

Your post is just a bit sad really e.g

fannying around avoiding doing anything

Sure

RMSD items cannot be left with neighbors, in bins, over gates or anywhere, they are to be handed only to someone who confirms their name/surname on the parcel. We are told we still have to sign for the items ourselves and the items are to be scanned at the door so the GPS must be fairly acurate. If no one is in they have to be returned to the depot for redelivery or customer pick up. The most likely scenario is the postie signed for it, which we have to do and now the recipient is making a claim for not delivered because it has been signed for by the postie. This happens a fair bit which is why we have to scan stuff at the door for the GPS tracking. Yes stuff gets nicked just like at any other delivery firm but the chances of that happening are far more lower than the recipient trying to pull a fast one.
What makes no sense here though is how its reported that post men taking parcels as low but when an item isn't correctly delivered, it's still marked as successfully delivered, so of course post men taking parcels is low of royal mail just dismiss any case where an item goes missing. And its far too easy for them now given they can sign and that's it, nothing ever happens to them.

What you say is interesting about having to take a name. @SixTwoSix can perhaps see better than me while I'm away, but I'm sure it said online that the item was handed to occupier. But did they say the name of who?

Given gps is used to confirm location of delivery, if they say it was delivered to me, surely I can use my GPS to show exactly where I was, which was not home? Google have location tracking available all online. I'm guessing at that stage, royal mail may dismiss GPS as proof of not being present?

Soldato
bit harsh calling him a moron. You try delivery mail in the ******* rain and keep letters dry. It’s just not possible, even the bags are not water proof, I can have bundle of mail in there and it will be soaked through within 10mins.

The guy is an utter moron who has been told time again to not walk around half the street with it out in his hand in the pouring rain. He's only been at this for about 3 months the previous postie had half a brain and been doing it for years. Guess that is the problem when they employ utter brain dead numpties.

Soldato
Well, accoding to this thread also, it's all over Google that posties are getting sacked all the time for nicking stuff so there's the risk, losing your job over nicking something that may or may not be wort anything. You think RMSD parcels are just handed out to anyone in the office that wants one? And that if the same postie has parcels of any kind go missing once or twice a month nothing is done? Judging by your statement if you ever worked there sounds like you'd be a prime contender for nicking stuff if you think it's that easy.

Wow. So now you're accusing me of being a thief because I've pointed out a very obvious flaw in the current system?

Literally the only "proof" in this instance that the postie delivered the parcel to the correct address rather than leaving it on the doorstep or stealing it is the fact they said they did.

To be honest I think them stealing it is the less likely scenario, it's probably been left somewhere and then nicked, or at the wrong address

Caporegime
RMSD items cannot be left with neighbors, in bins, over gates or anywhere, they are to be handed only to someone who confirms their name/surname on the parcel. We are told we still have to sign for the items ourselves and the items are to be scanned at the door
my postie is very random with Special Delivery, sometimes he knocks, other times he just posts..

he did ask me one time if he should knock though and I told him not to bother.

kinda annoying sometimes that he still does

Associate
The guy is an utter moron who has been told time again to not walk around half the street with it out in his hand in the pouring rain. He's only been at this for about 3 months the previous postie had half a brain and been doing it for years. Guess that is the problem when they employ utter brain dead numpties.

How do you suggest he's delivers the mail in the rain without getting it wet then?

Soldato
OP
What you say is interesting about having to take a name. @SixTwoSix can perhaps see better than me while I'm away, but I'm sure it said online that the item was handed to occupier. But did they say the name of who?

It shows:

Signed for by: YOUR SURNAME
Delivered at: 12:24, Wednesday 15 September 2021​

GPS matches what I can see for your address on google maps as close as I can tell but could be a neighbour I guess.

It shows:

Signed for by: YOUR SURNAME
Delivered at: 12:24, Wednesday 15 September 2021​

GPS matches what I can see for your address on google maps as close as I can tell but could be a neighbour I guess.

http://imgur.com/a/mC3mm0A

;)

Tried to hide my home address (not that it was bang on) but any way, funny royal mail say I signed for something at my door while I'm in another town.

Associate
What makes no sense here though is how its reported that post men taking parcels as low but when an item isn't correctly delivered, it's still marked as successfully delivered, so of course post men taking parcels is low of royal mail just dismiss any case where an item goes missing. And its far too easy for them now given they can sign and that's it, nothing ever happens to them.

Given gps is used to confirm location of delivery, if they say it was delivered to me, surely I can use my GPS to show exactly where I was, which was not home? Google have location tracking available all online. I'm guessing at that stage, royal mail may dismiss GPS as proof of not being present?

So if an item is incorrectly delivered unknowingly how should it be reported? Who has said RM just dismiss posties taking parcels? You're just presuming when again I'll raise the point someone else made that apparentley it's all over Google that posties nick everything. You think posties don't get sacked for stealing? Posties have gone to prison for nicking stuff from RM. You people who think RM employees can just help themselves to whatever comes in the depot are living on another planet. That's what you're saying right? I could tomorrow, sign for and not deliver an RMSD parcel and do it repeatedly and not get caught? And even if it's raised that RMSD parcels assigned to the duty i'm on keep going missing that it'll just be dismissed?

If you have proof that you were not home on the day of delivery and that no one else was at your home address to take delivery on that day then show RM that proof. If you don't then that's your fault.

Who has said RM just dismiss posties taking parcels

It's not that they dismiss it when a postie has taken the parcel, its that in this case, the parcel has not been successfully delivered.

The postie has either left it in a safe spot that ended up being unsafe, gave it to the wrong person/address, or kept it. Either way, to suggest that the numbers of posties taking parcel is low is clearly inaccurate given that in this situation alone that have totally dismissed it as for the sinple reason the GPS was signed (by the driver) near to my front door.

If they don't properly investigate and come to the correct answer as to what happened, they can't ever claim to have low anything surely?

If every time some one makes a complaint to any company, the complaint is dismissed, when the company then says we never get complaints, knowing full well this one alone has been "looked into" and dismissed, its hardly an accurate assesment of a companies complaint record.

That's my feeling at least.

Associate
Well I presume it's your parcel? Why are you saying it's the posties fault? You say you have GPS proof you weren't there to recieve it? Who says no one was in at address it was delivered to? Maybe you Mrs had it? Maybe one of your kids had it? It's your word against their word. Who says you aren't lying? What's to say you looked at the tracking, saw the postie had signed for it and maybe you thought "I know i'll pull a fast one and say it was never delivered and the postie signed for it themsleves and decided to keep it"? Then you get free whatever and then you expect the seller to reimburse you. You think this situation never happens? Maybe no one else does this? How about the tables turned on you and you prove you don't have it. You think Joe Public is all honest and innocent?

Back
Top Bottom