Tory MP Sir David Amess murdered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I agree with you, and I don’t think I normally do!

MPs are often very well insulted from what their decisions mean for others. It’s not a justification, but the decisions that MPs make will and do have very bad (and positive) outcomes for many people. These people get angry, and you can expect that anger to turn to direct action and violence in some.

Anger is an excellent point to mention and so much of it is created by that insulation you mention. MPs rarely have to live with the consequences of their decisions and rarely do they spend time with those that do.
We've seen repeatedly with this tory government in particular that they are also beyond reproach and accountability for their actions.
If people cannot see the system dealing with the actions of MPs when those actions are all too often clearly self-serving, if their voices are ignored then what actions will they take?

Caporegime
Sadly looking at the state of this country, I dont think this will be the last MP killed. Reading about the many, many death and rape threats to our MPs we may well end up with this being a regular occurance.

Soldato
I've met him on more than one occasion, He used to open the local Disabled Sports days held every July up until recently & also one or two black tie functions. A larger than life person, he didn't strike me as being a bad person, he would talk to anyone, even me! he didn't deserve that at all.

RIP.

Soldato
I agree with you, and I don’t think I normally do!

MPs are often very well insulted from what their decisions mean for others. It’s not a justification, but the decisions that MPs make will and do have very bad (and positive) outcomes for many people. These people get angry, and you can expect that anger to turn to direct action and violence in some.
People voted these MPs in though, we live in a democracy and that's its price. You change things for the better by changing minds not through violence. Perhaps some personal responsibility for their voting choices is required if they feel that unhappy about the consequences.

Soldato
All our MPs need to have security. They are not protected enough whatever party they are.

That's not likely to happen. We have 650 MPs in the UK, i imagine in the 6 months before an election most of them will be working 7 days a week/12-14 hours a day. The security bill would be enormous.

Unfortunately it's just a sick world that we live in that some people can do heinous crimes.

Associate
That's not likely to happen. We have 650 MPs in the UK, i imagine in the 6 months before an election most of them will be working 7 days a week/12-14 hours a day. The security bill would be enormous.

Unfortunately it's just a sick world that we live in that some people can do heinous crimes.

What is the price of democracy?

We are now in a situation where MPs have to think twice what they say for fear of being killed.

Soldato
Regardless of who he was, he's still a human being and no-one deserves to be stabbed and killed for doing their job.

Hope the mods lock this due to all the bickering morons posting in here or better yet give them a week vacation to reflect on being a tool

FTM

FTM

Soldato
whats more amazing is that its happened again given the precautions they are supposed to take, its like nothing has been learned from jo cox's murder

Man of Honour
Christ. Whatever your thoughts about his views, it’s an attack on our democracy. Can’t be long until every MP has some beefed up security. Our predecessors were onto something when they’d string these kinds of people up to send a message.

Caporegime
Christ. Whatever your thoughts about his views, it’s an attack on our democracy. Can’t be long until every MP has some beefed up security. Our predecessors were onto something when they’d string these kinds of people up to send a message.

Except it didn't work?

All capital punishment would achieve is more death.

Caporegime
Awful what happened to him, but the some of the bull that is being spread by MP's is just frustrating.... There will be less MP's they say! MP's are worried about their safety!

While most MP's are in it for the money and many people out there are suffering hard, while these scrubs are taking the ****. I'm no Conservative or Labour supporter but I hate them all equally! How many disabled people have took their own lives for these disgusting politicians

Soldato
Some in here absolutely frothing with glee that a Conservative MP, particularly one on the more hard-line right of the party, has been attacked. Totally predictable and shows the double standards and lack of tolerance.

Any political view held should never lead to this sort of attack. It's an attack on the democracy. Describing someone as a "vile human being" as they lay somewhere with stab wounds inflicted on them by an actual vile human being should get you put on some sort of extremist watch list imo.

This. And have you noticed how it's always the same few 'members' and that they seem to be allowed to get away with it?

Pet Northerner
Don
Thread pruned (may have missed some posts so RTM if needed).

Please use this thread to pay respects to a man who has died today. If you don't agree with his politics that's fine - just leave the thread and do not post, it's really that simple.

Anyone who continues to bicker/ gaslight / troll etc will not just find themselves thread banned, but will find yourselves on a holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom