Increasing incompetence in humans

Soldato
Today I drove a four mile round trip. On the journey, three people stepped into the road without looking and three times I had to apply my brakes (driving within the speed limit), sound my horn and shout “Look before you look” at them.

Is it true that if I did knock one of these people, would I be the one who got charged? Even though I was in the right and the person doesn’t use their neck to turn their heads to see if it’s safe to cross?

Then get drivers pull out from junctions, driveways and car parks without looking.

Over to you

Soldato
Today I drove a four mile round trip. On the journey, three people stepped into the road without looking and three times I had to apply my brakes (driving within the speed limit), sound my horn and shout “Look before you look” at them.

Is it true that if I did knock one of these people, would I be the one who got charged? Even though I was in the right and the person doesn’t use their neck to turn their heads to see if it’s safe to cross?

Then get drivers pull out from junctions, driveways and car parks without looking.

Over to you

In this day and age a dashcam is a necessity.

Associate
I once had a guy with a pushchair cross in front of me without looking while I was cycling. To answer your question about who would be at fault if you ran them over, assuming that you had time to stop then I believe it would be you. I can't see how you could be found at fault if they stepped out right in front of you giving you no time to stop, but I'm not an expert and I've heard of more stupid things in my time.

Back
Top Bottom