MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

Associate
Hey guys, I have a 5800X with this motherboard, and I am trying to figure out the best BIOS to be on right now. My board shipped with 7c84v14 last November, but of course it doesn't support the Re-size bar technology. I see multiple BIOS options on the MSI site, but I'm not sure which one to choose. I want a BIOS version that is:

1. The latest but most stable/least amount of bugs
2. Supports re-size bar technology

P.S. No need for the new beta version as I am still running Windows 10.

Thank you in advance.

Soldato
I've been sitting on 7C84v15 which supports rebar and have had no issues, but I've been lazy updating the BIOS since I've not come across any issues. The latest stable (7C84v17) should be completely fine.

Associate
I've been sitting on 7C84v15 which supports rebar and have had no issues, but I've been lazy updating the BIOS since I've not come across any issues. The latest stable (7C84v17) should be completely fine.

Alright, I will just update to 7C84v15 then, as I read back on this thread and apparently there are some memory issues with 7C84v17. Thank you

Associate
Associate
Recently changed to the x570 tomahawk - but unable to get the realtek LAN to work, well even to be recognised let alone work. It was on bios 1.5 - updated to 1.7 still nothing

Updated to latest x570 chipset drivers, fresh install of windows 10 but also get the same issue in win 11 (dual boot)

Anyone had similar issues?

Associate
I updated to the latest BIOS (7C84v183). Part of this upgrade is compatibility with Win 11.
The last thing I want is an upgrade to Win 11. I have an AMD system for one thing (15% performance drop over Win 10) and have read too many articles about it's other current bugs. Also, be aware that it can install itself unattended as an update if machines are left on. That even happened to JayZTwoCents on one of his latest Youtube videos.

If you are an AMD gamer and you have a Windows 11 compatible BIOS installed, I would strongly suggest that, like me, you go into the BIOS security options and disable TPM. That should make it non-viable for Win 11 and it won't try to update (I hope!).

Sure, they will force everyone to Win 11 eventually but a much less buggy version than now and without the Intel only optimisations.
Then I'll just have to go through the rigmarole of disabling all the data collection (theft?) programs that come "free" with a new Microsoft system!

Soldato
Recently changed to the x570 tomahawk - but unable to get the realtek LAN to work, well even to be recognised let alone work. It was on bios 1.5 - updated to 1.7 still nothing

Updated to latest x570 chipset drivers, fresh install of windows 10 but also get the same issue in win 11 (dual boot)

Anyone had similar issues?

The driver on MSI's site had a few bugs, grab the latest ones from the Realtek site. I also had a weird issue in online games on an older driver where I had to disable interrupt moderation to fix it.

Associate
The driver on MSI's site had a few bugs, grab the latest ones from the Realtek site. I also had a weird issue in online games on an older driver where I had to disable interrupt moderation to fix it.

Already tried this, it's like the Realtek chip does not exist, fitted a cat6a cable direct to my switch(s) (Aruba 6100 and a Cisco 3560) and get no mac detected from the port - guess it RMA's time

Soldato
Already tried this, it's like the Realtek chip does not exist, fitted a cat6a cable direct to my switch(s) (Aruba 6100 and a Cisco 3560) and get no mac detected from the port - guess it RMA's time

Anything in device manager?
You don't have the MSI software installed do you? There is a LAN subsection in it, it might have deactivated the port.

Soldato
If you follow this is it showing in your bios?

How to Enable TPM on MSI Motherboards Featuring TPM 2.0

Yep and it doesn't display the TPM info as per the guide, any ideas?

946-AF1-EE-734-C-43-F0-9-D9-D-6-AD789-A6-E302.jpg

Back
Top Bottom