**** Please enable 2FA on your OcUK forum account ****

Permabanned
Left my previous place of employment last Feb and my manager immediately disabled 2FA on every site I had enabled it on because a handful of people complained it was too difficult to use and a massive inconvenience.

A year and a single phishing email later, some Russians walked on to their network and Hello Kitty ran riot which cost them their entire domain and over a million pounds.

I love 2FA/MFA and would expect every single person on a computer forum such as this to be using it.

That's great, a massive told you so moment. :D

Soldato
What do you mean it never worked?
I cant recall what it was now, but i had something else ask me to set up 2FA and use google authenticator, So i did..it was useless, id scan the code and it just wouldn't do anything.

Hopefully this is not the case with overclockers, as id not want to loose MM access due to it not working for me.

Soldato
Times how many devices you have. I would say tedious as opposed to irritating, I have it enabled as I’d happily do tedious over the hassle of having any account compromised

It takes less than two seconds with a password manager. Just click the TOTP button to put the correct number into your clipboard (it's the clock on the right, in this case), and then paste the number into the form and you're done.

rAoErMd.png

Soldato
It takes less than two seconds with a password manager. Just click the TOTP button to put the correct number into your clipboard (it's the clock on the right, in this case), and then paste the number into the form and you're done.

rAoErMd.png

To unlock your vault assuming you are using a strong password takes longer than 2 seconds .... On mobile/tablet its just well.. tedious as I said. I'm all for cyber security I touched on it for 6 months in my old job. Original point was it would be better if it was every 60 days or something like that. Convivence and secure is a fine line to balance otherwise you have people not enabling extra layers of security as has been proven in this thread.

Soldato
To unlock your vault assuming you are using a strong password takes longer than 2 seconds .... On mobile/tablet its just well.. tedious as I said.

You unlock your vault once at the start of browsing, or leave it unlocked but rely on the OS for security (i.e. lock screen, sleep). After that it's instant access. On mobile I click the login button, my face gets scanned in half a second and the number is put in for me - even easier.

Commissario
OP
Umm it's asked for my QR code again, this is the second time in a week! Already set to 60 days, and no I haven't changed IP or phone device
You should only be asked for your six digit numeric code every 30 days. If you're being prompted more often then you're doing something with cookies.

Soldato
And have 2FA enabled on your emails too, otherwise the internet isn't for you.

How to become a Internet god:

* 2FA or 3FA on everything
* Password generator on everything
* Email forwarding generator on everything
* VPN everything
* Ad block everything
* Encrypt everything

Back
Top Bottom