• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
Ghost of tsushima looks good, but if it were released on PC it would look much better.[/QUOTE
Ghost of tsushima looks good, but if it were released on PC it would look much better.

Yeah great. On a PC that costs 3k. Sorry but games like that just make sense on my LG G1 55" been a PC gamer dor 25 years but I ain't paying these stupid prices.

Associate
Yeah great. On a PC that costs 3k. Sorry but games like that just make sense on my LG G1 55" been a PC gamer dor 25 years but I ain't paying these stupid prices.

People quickly forget you can get a ps4 for like 100-150 quid if you look well enough lol, as much as I love pc gaming i wouldnt advise any of my friends to build a computer at this time, its a absolute rip off.

Associate
Nvidia halts production of Ampere in October 21 to keep prices high into the second quarter of 2022 - Moore's law is dead

https://youtu.be/hH-W-zVcjNQ
This is utter nonsense from a clickbait YouTuber. No company in their right mind would reduce sales intentionally when they are selling whatever they can produce at whatever price they want. They could have priced the 3090 at £2500 and it would still sell in the truckloads. It makes no sense they would stop production when they could sell the entire batch at any price they want to.

Associate
they are trying to produce as much as they can, not the opposite, that makes absolutely no sense, only reason they would stop production was if they lacked raw production materials or something like that.

Associate
I want one, I can't get one.

I wanted one but don't have time to keep chasing around for one. I actually had a chance of one during the last Argos drop with next to no effort but a potential family issue stopped me from commiting the cash.

Two days I had an email form PC World to buy one with a VIP code. I forgot I even put my name on the list but I popped down yesterday and paid for a disc console with extra red controller. Should get it in 3 weeks or so, job done.

My graphics card has given up and everything else is getting on. I am out of the PC gaming game as I left it too long to try and upgrade.

My daughter wants to build a PC for Steam gaming now she is at Uni but short of bagging a decent value 2nd hand card or 3060 TI, I said not to bother. Unless Intel actually shake things up of course.

Associate
This is utter nonsense from a clickbait YouTuber. No company in their right mind would reduce sales intentionally when they are selling whatever they can produce at whatever price they want. They could have priced the 3090 at £2500 and it would still sell in the truckloads. It makes no sense they would stop production when they could sell the entire batch at any price they want to.

It is not nonsense at all. Tom from Moore's law is usually right about most things in advance

Also the halting of production is also reported today in Hardware Times

https://www.hardwaretimes.com/nvidi...dia-rtx-30-series-gpu-to-avoid-price-plummet/

It makes perfect business sense, if you actually listen to what he says Nvidia has enough chips to meet its contract and financial targets for the next 2 quarters. Why produce more when the new SKUs are coming out around February - they want to keep current prices high to justify a higher price of the supers and keep demand high before the launch of 4000 series of which they will charge even more

Permabanned
It is not nonsense at all. Tom from Moore's law is usually right about most things in advance

https://www.hardwaretimes.com/nvidi...dia-rtx-30-series-gpu-to-avoid-price-plummet/

It makes perfect business sense, if you actually listen to what he says Nvidia has enough chips to meet its contract and financial targets for the next 2 quarters. Why produce more when the new SKUs are coming out around February - they want to keep current prices high to justify a higher price of the supers and keep demand high before the launch of 4000 series of which they will charge even more

Yes, but what Nvidia don't know is that people might not pay stupid amounts anymore, hardship has arrived, petrol problems, empty shelves, ....

Associate

The existing GPUs are already being sold for a high price. The 3080 doesn’t cost below £1000 in the real world and AIBs have already set £1700 as the price for the 3080 Ti. Whatever price NVIDIA would be setting for the Super is mythical as the market has already assigned prices to their existing GPUs and they are selling whatever they can produce.

Also if any Company is able to beat, not just meet its target it will do that. That’s how businesses work.

The hardware times article is simply quoting MLID. I think the guy is a fraud. I followed him around the launch of RDNA 2 and Ampere. At first he claimed NVIDIA had purposely held back supply back in October last year (similar to what he is claiming now) and were waiting for RDNA 2 to launch and would flood the market with Ampere GPUs in November. When that didn’t happen, he back-pedalled and said NVIDIA was scared of AMD and were rebooting the entire lineup in January which again didn’t happen.

For AMD, both he and Hardware Unboxed had an agenda as they kept dissing NVIDIA for lack of supply back in the day. But then MLID went even further and claimed AMD has much more stock than NVIDIA ready to hit the market and it won’t be as bad as NVIDIA. Turned out to be the exact opposite as NVIDIA has much better supply than AMD globally.

Needless to say I unsubscribed from the channel as it was clear he is making these videos for clicks nothing more. No company in their right mind would stop producing when they can sell whatever they are producing right out of the gate.

Back
Top Bottom