Wait for Gigabyte M32U?

Associate
Hi everyone, first post here.
I've ordered the M32U but it's not in stock so I'm unsure if I should wait or order something else. I'm finding it hard choosing between IPS and VA as I mostly use my monitor in a dark room but from looking around at reviews the only VA that compares with IPS in gaming is the Samsung G7/G9 but the 32inch version of those don't work with my monitor arm (27inch is too small with that curve in my opinion).
Does anyone have the M32U and would be willing to share their thoughts?

Associate
I wouldn't buy a G7 anyway. I had three, all of them had major issues. I am not keen on the M32U either as its not ultrawide but looks a decent monitor as its IPS and 144Hz. I am looking for a new monitor as my 2 year old broke by G34WQC but I cannot for the life of me decide on a new one. Been looking for about 2 weeks now and I am not spending a grand.

Oh and welcome to the forums, didn't realise this was your first post!

Associate
OP
I wouldn't buy a G7 anyway. I had three, all of them had major issues. I am not keen on the M32U either as its not ultrawide but looks a decent monitor as its IPS and 144Hz. I am looking for a new monitor as my 2 year old broke by G34WQC but I cannot for the life of me decide on a new one. Been looking for about 2 weeks now and I am not spending a grand.

Oh and welcome to the forums, didn't realise this was your first post!

Hi and thanks.
I've been thinking about an ultrawide but I consume a lot more 16:9 content (TV shows and Youtube) than I do films or game so I don't know if I'd be able to get used to the black bars on the side of the screen. I know the M32U is pricey and that I could probably get a much cheaper 1440p monitor that performs similarly but I'm hoping to keep it for at least 5 years (I've had my Dell U2414H for longer).
Also the G7 problems do put me off them.

Soldato
Hi everyone, first post here.
I've ordered the M32U but it's not in stock so I'm unsure if I should wait or order something else. I'm finding it hard choosing between IPS and VA as I mostly use my monitor in a dark room but from looking around at reviews the only VA that compares with IPS in gaming is the Samsung G7/G9 but the 32inch version of those don't work with my monitor arm (27inch is too small with that curve in my opinion).
Does anyone have the M32U and would be willing to share their thoughts?

I have the smaller M28U and a the 32" G7 and for gaming the G7 wins hand down the deeper blacks /contrast really shine through and for a VA panel it's pixel response is impressive even better and more refined than the M28U and the curve on the 32"G7 i find great.

I can't fault my 32" G7 it been fine running the latest firmware with no flickering issues.

What monitor arm do you have because the 32" G7 comes with an extra mounting plate so you can attach to a std Vesa mount.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
What monitor arm do you have because the 32" G7 comes with an extra mounting plate so you can attach to a std Vesa mount.
I've got an Invision MX200 that I got off a friend when it wouldn't support their new 32 inch curved monitor (60Hz office not gaming), it kept tilting forward any time you moved the monitor. I just assumed that as the G7 was curved and 32 inch my arm wouldn't hold it either. Have you Vesa mounted it by any chance? I know I could just by a stronger monitor arm but like I said, all the people complaining about them has made me wary.

Soldato
I've got an Invision MX200 that I got off a friend when it wouldn't support their new 32 inch curved monitor (60Hz office not gaming), it kept tilting forward any time you moved the monitor. I just assumed that as the G7 was curved and 32 inch my arm wouldn't hold it either. Have you Vesa mounted it by any chance? I know I could just by a stronger monitor arm but like I said, all the people complaining about them has made me wary.

Yes it mounted on a amazon basic monitor arm using the samsung supplied Vesa adapter bracket it make it flat like an other monitor mount.

You can see it in this image a little.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/hidl3l/odyssey_g7_27_siderear_view_mounted/

Yes i read about the issues also but made the jump anyway, i think a lot of those issues have been fixed with recent updates.

Associate
OP
Yes it mounted on a amazon basic monitor arm using the samsung supplied Vesa adapter bracket it make it flat like an other monitor mount.

You can see it in this image a little.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/hidl3l/odyssey_g7_27_siderear_view_mounted/

Yes i read about the issues also but made the jump anyway, i think a lot of those issues have been fixed with recent updates.
That looks like the next step up from my arm so if I do decide to get it I'd probably buy a new arm. If possible I'd prefer to get a VA so the thought that the G7 problems are fixed is intriguing.
Hmm, not sure what to do now. I'll think about it over the weekend and make a decision then. Thanks for your input.

Soldato
Not good news, just opened the box and set the monitor up but it won’t power on.

I’ve tried 3 different plug sockets and a different cable but it’s not powering on.

Looks like I’ll have to arrange a return.

Soldato
Not good news, just opened the box and set the monitor up but it won’t power on.

I’ve tried 3 different plug sockets and a different cable but it’s not powering on.

Looks like I’ll have to arrange a return.

May be a silly question but did you flick the power switch on :p

Soldato
May be a silly question but did you flick the power switch on :p
Yeah and it still wouldn't turn on, changed the fuse in the plug and it's on now. :cool:

It's awesome, straight into 144Hz and G-sync enabled over HDMI 2.1, no dead pixels and no IPS glow either, very happy. :)

Soldato
Yeah and it still wouldn't turn on, changed the fuse in the plug and it's on now. :cool:

It's awesome, straight into 144Hz and G-sync enabled over HDMI 2.1, no dead pixels and no IPS glow either, very happy. :)

Cool glad you got it sorted i would never have thought of that :cry:

Associate
OP
Wo

I wouldn't of thought to check it either. I've never bought an eletrical item with a dead fuse before.:confused:
Good to hear about the dead pixel/IPS glow being absent. I know they can vary between units but still it's a good sign in my opinion.

Last edited:
Caporegime

Glad you thought of changing the fuse, sounds like a good sample would have got sent back else!! :)

Soldato
I've had it happen before, last time i bought my LG monitor it came with a dead fuse, just my luck i guess :p

It's awesome though, playing Warzone maxed out is brilliant, 32" is the sweet spot for 4K i think, it's the monitor I've been waiting 10 years for!

Associate
I've had it happen before, last time i bought my LG monitor it came with a dead fuse, just my luck i guess :p

It's awesome though, playing Warzone maxed out is brilliant, 32" is the sweet spot for 4K i think, it's the monitor I've been waiting 10 years for!

PS5?

Caporegime

Enjoy :cool:

(don't forget to register with with Gia/Aorus)

Soldato
These Gigabytes wouldn't be the best choises for use with PS5.
Despite of marketing HDMI 2.1 support is half assed and not really there:
It's limited to only 24Gb/s instead of full 48Gb/s of the spec and rely on use of DSC to cover it.
Hence PS5 can do 4K 120Hz only with single pixel size level graphics (text/line graphics) colours wrecking super lossy 4:2:0 chroma subsampling.

Back
Top Bottom