*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
I had not seen that, will have to check it out!

Edit: Seems to be paid DLC, not included in Online Expansion? Basically the old Happy Home Designer, but in ACNH engine.

Either way...glad they haven't dumped the game completely.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had not seen that, will have to check it out!

Edit: Seems to be paid DLC, not included in Online Expansion? Basically the old Happy Home Designer, but in ACNH engine.

Either way...glad they haven't dumped the game completely.

:confused: is it included in the new online expansion that it what you are paying the extra over the normal sub for, well that and the n64 and sega games.

Soldato
No, you are right. I've found it confirmed elsewhere; just wasn't on the official reveal trailer I watched, which is a bit of a strange omission, so you can either buy it standalone or get it as part of the Switch Online expansion.

Taken a punt on a cheap wireless pro controller. I don't normally buy unofficial ones but as I can't see me using it much I'm not paying for the real one.

Was thinking the same as I see unofficial ones can be had for £25 or so. I can't imagine is a huge difference?

I also saw you can get an adapter that allows you to sue your xbox controller. Anyone done this?

Man of Honour
Taken a punt on a cheap wireless pro controller. I don't normally buy unofficial ones but as I can't see me using it much I'm not paying for the real one.

The PowerA one with the paddles is much better than the official Nintendo one. The sticks are the same ones as the Xbox One so don’t get loose and drift like the official pro controller, and the dpad is an order of magnitude better than that official piece of ****.

It’s worth checking if the cheaper ones use the same dpad and sticks.

Edit: The Fusion Pro

Caporegime
The PowerA one with the paddles is much better than the official Nintendo one. The sticks are the same ones as the Xbox One so don’t get loose and drift like the official pro controller, and the dpad is an order of magnitude better than that official piece of ****.

The £90 one? Ouch.

Soldato
Was thinking the same as I see unofficial ones can be had for £25 or so. I can't imagine is a huge difference?

I also saw you can get an adapter that allows you to sue your xbox controller. Anyone done this?

I have an 8bitdo adapter but no spare official controllers for xbox or PS4 and don't want to keep swapping the pairing.
I went super cheap cost me £9

No chance, I got one for £9. It looks the same as another I saw on a 'top alternative' controllers list.

I'm not expecting much for £15 (normal price) but if it works then I've saved a load, plus from Amazon so no return hassle.

Ocuk don't sell it so here's a link. I think the 40% code gone now. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09CM23...abc_KZDXNMPKTWAT20S42P3N?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

This is where I saw the one that looks the same, it's number 11

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-best-third-party-pro-controllers/amp/

Last edited:
Associate
Just some feedback about the Fusion Pro controllers, they're great but not perfect even for the big price.

I use a Wired Fusion Pro in white for PC, was £70 on sale so they are expensive but with great joypads and the programmable paddles are great. However, the cable connector is so stiff that once inserted it's extremely hard to get it out again, not really a problem for wired, but still.

Secondly they use a rubbery coating for the controller face plate that quickly rubs away and yellows on the white one, like within a month or so, I ended up sanding it down to pure, white non-coated plastic using plastic grade sandpaper which looks and feels a lot better. So they're good and even great controllers in some ways but not without some faults especially at that price.

I ended up just getting a Nintendo official Pro for Switch as I didn't know they also had stick drift like the joypads, but been absolutely fine for me so far.

Soldato
I couldn't find my pro controller so I ordered a 8bitdo SN30 Pro+, great controller for £33 I paid, only negatives is I don't think motion control works, and maybe just mine but feels like battery % isn't being sent to console

Man of Honour
I couldn't find my pro controller so I ordered a 8bitdo SN30 Pro+, great controller for £33 I paid, only negatives is I don't think motion control works, and maybe just mine but feels like battery % isn't being sent to console

Motion control works on my SN30 Pro+. I don't use it though because it makes other official controllers lag when it is being used for multiplayer games.

Just some feedback about the Fusion Pro controllers, they're great but not perfect even for the big price.

I use a Wired Fusion Pro in white for PC, was £70 on sale so they are expensive but with great joypads and the programmable paddles are great. However, the cable connector is so stiff that once inserted it's extremely hard to get it out again, not really a problem for wired, but still.

Secondly they use a rubbery coating for the controller face plate that quickly rubs away and yellows on the white one, like within a month or so, I ended up sanding it down to pure, white non-coated plastic using plastic grade sandpaper which looks and feels a lot better. So they're good and even great controllers in some ways but not without some faults especially at that price.

I ended up just getting a Nintendo official Pro for Switch as I didn't know they also had stick drift like the joypads, but been absolutely fine for me so far.

Be careful about accidentally spreading misinformation. The Switch Fusion Pro is wireless and the USB-C connection is very easy to connect to charge it. The face plates also have a hard plastic and not a soft plastic feel to them. My white faceplate has been used daily since launch and is still uniformly white. They are not the same controller across platforms.

My Pro controller lasted a long time before it started to drift, which was the trigger to get the Fusion Pro. I wish I had got something else sooner as the Pro dpad really is the worst official dpad I have used, including the terrible Xbox 360 one!

Soldato
Looking into a Switch at the moment, but I'm wondering if it's worth bothering with the OLED model.

I've borrowed a Switch of my brother in the past, but I only played with it docked using a Pro controller and if I get my own Switch I plan to use it the same way.

I'm assuming the OLED won't give any extra performance docked over a standard Switch?
I've heard the OLED version doesn't suffer as badly from joycon drift, but I'm assuming if I'm using the Pro controller, this won't be an issue?

Caporegime
Looking into a Switch at the moment, but I'm wondering if it's worth bothering with the OLED model.

I've borrowed a Switch of my brother in the past, but I only played with it docked using a Pro controller and if I get my own Switch I plan to use it the same way.

I'm assuming the OLED won't give any extra performance docked over a standard Switch?
I've heard the OLED version doesn't suffer as badly from joycon drift, but I'm assuming if I'm using the Pro controller, this won't be an issue?

If you're not using it in portable mode the OLED isn't really any benefit.

If you're using a pro controller then the update joycons aren't really any benefit.

Soldato
The only slight benefit for docked play is the better dock with built in LAN (not better speed wise, but for games that are very latency dependent it's better) and the increased storage built in (albeit with the price of MicroSD cards)...

Soldato
Anyone else notice how much cooler the OLED model runs compared to V2. The fan on mine barely kicks in under load. I need to watch the ifix tear down video, I'm guessing they've changed the cooling design in some way.

Man of Honour

New switches will come with the updated joycons unless you get old stock.

Back
Top Bottom