Increasing incompetence in humans

Soldato
Then get drivers pull out from junctions, driveways and car parks without looking.

People seem to be getting worse at doing this - I was taught - don't pull out if the other person on the main road etc would have to brake. Now it seems to be people are taught, pull out if you think the driver on the main road can avoid hitting you by braking severely??

Caporegime
Is it true that if I did knock one of these people, would I be the one who got charged? Even though I was in the right and the person doesn’t use their neck to turn their heads to see if it’s safe to cross?
you think you can mow people down because they are in the road?

they probably look see you driving at 10mph in a 30mph zone and know they can easily cross.

Soldato
Isn't there some new changes to the law coming which means as a driver you have to give way to pedestrians and cyclists crossing the road ?

Yes, not sure if it's come into force yet though, supposedly 'this Autumn'

https://www.countryliving.com/uk/wi...code-pedestrians-cyclists-priority-junctions/

The Highway Code has been updated so pedestrians and cyclists now have priority over cars

It's due to come into effect in the autumn

And before people make a mountain out of a molehill

The new code will not go as far as "presumed liability", where drivers are expected to be at fault in collisions with pedestrians and cyclists unless proved otherwise.

Caporegime
You have to remember that most young adults today have been brought up on social media so best case their spacial awareness probably isn't that great and on top of that they simply can't put their phones down long enough to be able to cross a road safely.

Soldato
You have to remember that most young adults today have been brought up on social media so best case their spacial awareness probably isn't that great and on top of that they simply can't put their phones down long enough to be able to cross a road safely.
Lol coming from the generation that needed animated hedgehogs to tell them not to walk Infront of a car :rolleyes::cry:

Soldato
Driving today, bus and one other car in front, four lane road. Bus indicates to pull into bus stop, I indicate and move into other lane to pass bus. Other car decides to pull out without indicating as I'm passing him. This leads to a blast on the horn and brakes being stamped on. Driver of other car starts to gesticulate so I put the window down. There then ensued a short rant from the other driver that since he was in front of me, he had right of way and I should have hung back to let him out first. The mind boggles.

Back
Top Bottom