Has there been a Win10 update or something that has changed mouse sensitivity?

Soldato
I'm thoroughly confused here. I have a Razer Viper Mini running Razer Synapse. My profile hasn't changed, it hasn't updated recently yet when I went to play CSGO my mouse was roughly twice as sensitive as it was. It was unplayable. I can't figure out what the heck has changed in my settings. Windows mouse accel is off, my CSGO config is the same, my Viper config is the same. What else can I check? :confused:

In Windows it sort of feels like mouse accel is on now (it isn't, it may just be more sensitive). Hmn.. :confused:

Soldato
Does it have buttons on the mouse to adjust doing on the fly? I've found with mine (not a razor) it sometimes freaks out and I have to go to a different setting then back again to reinititalise it.

Soldato
I have similar issues, although switching back and forth between dpi fixes it, pretty sure it’s because I use a USB switch.

Man of Honour
I've occasionally had enhanced pointer precision re-enable itself after an update in 10. Though the option should show as on if that was the case.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Does it have buttons on the mouse to adjust doing on the fly? I've found with mine (not a razor) it sometimes freaks out and I have to go to a different setting then back again to reinititalise it.
Yeah it does but I've never touched it! Pretty sure I was using the max DPI but that now seems crazy-sensitive in Windows. I had a profile saved within Razer Synapse which is still there and loaded.

I have similar issues, although switching back and forth between dpi fixes it, pretty sure it’s because I use a USB switch.
I also use a switcher between my work Mac and my Win10 machine. Both seem wrong now. Argh :(

the only thing I can remember doing was I loaded CSGO, my friend messaged me on there and we were chatting for a while (which I never do). So I swapped between the chat/community stuff in Steam and CSGO main menu :o

Soldato
Yeah it does but I've never touched it! Pretty sure I was using the max DPI but that now seems crazy-sensitive in Windows. I had a profile saved within Razer Synapse which is still there and loaded.

I also use a switcher between my work Mac and my Win10 machine. Both seem wrong now. Argh :(

the only thing I can remember doing was I loaded CSGO, my friend messaged me on there and we were chatting for a while (which I never do). So I swapped between the chat/community stuff in Steam and CSGO main menu :o
It probably wasn't at max DPI as the maximum DPI is almost unusably high.

Soldato
OP
It probably wasn't at max DPI as the maximum DPI is almost unusably high.
Yeah you're right. Max is 8,500 but when I put that on, using my work Mac with OS sensitivity set to the lowest... yeah there's no way I was using that. Probably 3,200 seems more 'familiar' but argh this is so off-putting... :(:(

Remember kids, write your DPI and sensitivity into your CSGO configs!

Caporegime
sometimes window update completely resets all my sound settings to default even though in the soundcards APP the settings haven't changed, I have to click them all on and off again and move sliders back and fourth

V F

V F

Soldato
sometimes window update completely resets all my sound settings to default even though in the soundcards APP the settings haven't changed, I have to click them all on and off again and move sliders back and fourth

Was it Creative?

Back
Top Bottom