Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
really looking forward to this season, will be my 3rd so a good time to try and get to more of the endgame content
3.15 I just ended up with really bad rng with red maps so kinda gave up in the end

Associate
This league looks absolutely incredible.
Good league content that doesn't need incessant micromanagement and more importantly massive QoL and general game mechanic overhauls

Also I want that goddamn flask belt. That thing is obscenely good

really looking forward to this season, will be my 3rd so a good time to try and get to more of the endgame content
3.15 I just ended up with really bad rng with red maps so kinda gave up in the end
The best counter for poor RNG is more rolls of the dice

Soldato
Well the streamers are so lost without POB tho.
as long one has the tree out it be fun thinking about builds

Not just the streamers.

The hardcore players
The YouTubers who build guides
The semi hardcore and casual players that follow guides that rely on PoB

Lots more I didn't list. I knew how important PoB was before I picked up PoE.

Associate
Looks like this could be more of the shake up that we've needed for a little while now, a good mix of quality of life changes, tedious grinds reduced or removed, enough changes to the skill tree that should alter the meta a little bit.

I was in the mindset that I would give the league a go like I normally do, maybe not intending to put too much time into it this time. This actually has me pretty excited though, it looks like this could be a really good league.

Soldato
Not massively keen on the league mechanic itself, as it seems to be a rich players thing.
I can imagine a lot of poorer players won’t want to be potentially bricking their one six link Shav’s etc that they may get over a long period of time. I know it could be recovered on the 2nd or 3rd attempt, but would people chance it?

Otherwise, really excited about the rest of the changes. I do enjoy a new league :)

Associate
Not just the streamers.

The hardcore players
The YouTubers who build guides
The semi hardcore and casual players that follow guides that rely on PoB

Lots more I didn't list. I knew how important PoB was before I picked up PoE.

The ultimate trolling by Bex, release the notes, hold back the POB json... :p

Just make sure you play something that can clear areas very quickly ;)

Chris wilson 3.15, we slow down gameplay due to power creep.
Lost revenue.

same guy 3 months later
3.16 make a fast clearing character and really enjoy the league.
:confused::D

Soldato
The ultimate trolling by Bex, release the notes, hold back the POB json... :p

Chris wilson 3.15, we slow down gameplay due to power creep.
Lost revenue.

same guy 3 months later
3.16 make a fast clearing character and really enjoy the league.
:confused::D

Kinda... I mean the power creep/scaling has been insane for a while (although especially since Harvest). They drastically culled the creep and the power of builds in 3.15 but it left a bunch of builds unplayable because the drop in power didn't just hit the 40ex+ builds, such as Caustic Arrow was almost unplayable without insane investments into cluster jewels and amazingly well rolled Hunter gear. In 3.16 it looks, to me at least, like they are bringing the power level of most builds up, but still keeping the power creep quite tight.

RIP 3.15 SST Glad though :p Not only did the flat damage get wrecked but they as lowered the scaling... which is odd, because Raider SST (which was much stronger than Glad) with elemental conversion looks like it'll be just fine in 3.16.

Associate
In 3.16 it looks, to me at least, like they are bringing the power level of most builds up, but still keeping the power creep quite tight.

Expedition going core alone is big.
so now they adjusted skill tree with masteries and scourge looks like insane possibilities to really crank things up, if lucky with rolls

Associate
Not sure if this has been stated already, and I'm not trying to hijack anything here, but... Diablo 3 was garbage. Utter total trash. Path of Exile however, is what Diablo 3 should have been. Blizzard... no. they're... just no. I respect Blizzard less and less for every single thing they do nowadays. I particularly wanna slam their heads against a monitor for what they did to my beloved Warcraft 3. ...Sorry, that took a dark turn there. But dang. PoE's skill trees... I love 'em!

I am aware that communicating my hatred towards blizzard in here might be unwarranted. But come on... it's blizzard! they're greedy c###s! :/

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure if this has been stated already, and I'm not trying to hijack anything here, but... Diablo 3 was garbage. Utter total trash. Path of Exile however, is what Diablo 3 should have been. Blizzard... no. they're... just no. I respect Blizzard less and less for every single thing they do nowadays. I particularly wanna slam their heads against a monitor for what they did to my beloved Warcraft 3. ...Sorry, that took a dark turn there. But dang. PoE's skill trees... I love 'em!

I am aware that communicating my hatred towards blizzard in here might be unwarranted. But come on... it's blizzard! they're greedy c###s! :/

D3 when it launched was fine.
Its just that they dumbed it down.

yea path of exile really has the depth with content and a challenge along the way

Back
Top Bottom