NFL 2021 Season

Soldato
Well my beloved NY Giants are doing what the NY Giants do, it's hard to be fan when you see a franchise deliberately shoot itself in the foot game after game. I understand OBJ leaving, but Jones (average TBF) and Barkley alone can't keep a franchise going, especially when the defence doesn't seem to turn up to most games..

Soldato
raiders after a new head coach, be interesting to see how carr gets on without gruden on his back......

Bit confused on this, if i read the story right it was to do with some racist comments he made in some emails, when he was working for ESPN at the time, which was some years ago.
He had to walk away & I don't think he'll back in NFL circles anytime soon. Bit gutted really as I was thinking he had started to turn things around for the team.

Soldato
Well my beloved NY Giants are doing what the NY Giants do, it's hard to be fan when you see a franchise deliberately shoot itself in the foot game after game. I understand OBJ leaving, but Jones (average TBF) and Barkley alone can't keep a franchise going, especially when the defence doesn't seem to turn up to most games..

to be fair you lost golliday in the same game, and you already had 2 of your best receivers/tight ends out before the match started, jones just showed how he doesn't think enough for a qb, not only trying to run through 2 tackles but leading with the helmet ???

Bit confused on this, if i read the story right it was to do with some racist comments he made in some emails, when he was working for ESPN at the time, which was some years ago.

from what i've read it wasn't just racist, there was use of homophobic, misogynistic and racist language in the emails, from about 10 years ago.

With the way things are nowadays i'm slightly suprised it wasn't picked up in a background check before the raiders gave him the contract.

Bucs already said their removing him from there ring of honour ........

Soldato

At least one NY team are doing well! ;)

I've still not got around to watching the highlights from the KC game yet but was surprised how convincing the win was away from home, especially after they dominated us in the AFC Championship last year. Trying not to get too excited, but apart from the shaky first game, we've looked good so far.

Soldato
cardinals added zach ertz to their offense, think murray is getting spoilt for choice :D

talk that tua is back for miami against the jags, seen mention that the next few games could be decision time as to whether to stick with him as their qb or move on.

Associate
Lions 0-6 so thinking our first win may be next season at this rate. The rest of the calendar looks a bit crap. Thankfully got some good picks and trade options for next year after trading Stafford away.

Associate
lions head coach already regretting the deal to bring goff the other way :D

They did receive the extra draft capital for taking on Goff's contract.

There was always the chance he played well enough to earn the QB role and it removed them from the messy 2021 QB Draft derby with future first rounders. The analysts I remember taking about it at the time basically equated Detroit taking on Goff's contract was worth the extra 1st rounder they got back (i.e. they would not have got two 1st's and a 3rd for Stafford alone).

I think the reality is the Lions always were full rebuild mode, with a first year GM and have lots of draft capital for future options. Also they may be good for the 1st pick and therefore able to take a clean shot at their QB of the future next April.

Soldato
Disappointing loss last night going into a bye week. Should have been a couple scores up instead of having to go for the field goals in the first half and it would have been dead and buried. Can't complain about going for it at the end though as I'd bank on JA to nail that every time. At least the 4 games after the bye are winnable games!

Soldato
Disappointing loss last night going into a bye week. Should have been a couple scores up instead of having to go for the field goals in the first half and it would have been dead and buried. Can't complain about going for it at the end though as I'd bank on JA to nail that every time. At least the 4 games after the bye are winnable games!
Unbelievable right, Titan up and all that.

Back
Top Bottom