What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
Dune (1984 Fan Edit).

I can't say I noticed that much of a difference between the two,
this and the official release, though I expect there's plenty going on and I simply didn't pick up on it.

Still, very good and well worth seeing.

Soldato
"Security" on Netflix. Antonio Banderas as a former Marine who takes a security guard position at a mall on the same night a bunch of paramilitary bad guys turn up. Watchable 90 minute action romp.
One thing that did annoy me though was when one particular character got shot, is carried to bed and patched up and then never seen, referenced or mentioned again. It's like they completely forgot the character.

Soldato
Halloween Kills. They try to stick to the formula but I’m not sure it works anymore. Too many instances of “why would you do that” moments.

6/10. Nothing really progressed but it was an ok watch

Soldato
Halloween Kills. They try to stick to the formula but I’m not sure it works anymore. Too many instances of “why would you do that” moments.

6/10. Nothing really progressed but it was an ok watch

I am a huge Halloween fan, and felt the same way.

I love the 2018 one, but decision making from some of the key characters in here made ZERO sense

Also I hated the whole Tommy Doyle :

"evil dies tonight" vigilante setup

It felt ridiculous and tantamount to Jerry Springer audience ranting.

6/10

Soldato

I love the 2018 one, but decision making from some of the key characters in here made ZERO sense

6/10

Im just a horror fan but i am fond of the Halloween films. I also, like you, liked the 2018 one and i liked how it flashes back to the original but yea the film died when Tommy Doyle was introduced. Just became silly from then on and not remotely scary.

Associate
The Last Duel (2021) - 8/10

A relatively long story which didn’t feel long, even though it repeated the same scenes from different viewpoints, and it held my interest until the end.

Its presentation was a bit too bitty at times and some scenes and the subject matter did make me feel uncomfortable.

Great acting all round and apart from the odd CGI building, the scenery, castles, costumes and fight scenes all looked authentic, with the latter violent and captivating.

Caporegime

6/10

Some parts were pretty cringeworthy, but on the whole it was pretty much a Myers murder marathon, some very brutal ones as well. I enjoyed it overall, it really showpieces why Myers is to be feared and just how much punishment he can take.

Seen people say it was dumb not having Curtis in it much, but she had been stabbed and undergone surgery, would be a bit much having her out combating Myers literally an hour or so later. This movie was the big set up for part three. it shows Myers to be virtually unstoppable and giving Laurie more motivation to end him with her daughter being killed.

Caporegime
I might go back and revisit Scary #1 and give it another chance. What I saw I thought was alright but nothing more - though I only watched 30 - 40 mins of it.

Back
Top Bottom