Olive oil dispenser

Soldato
Now the olive oil bottles are so flimsy I was wondering if anyone has a favourite glass bottle despenser and spout.
Just been up and down Ebay and the list is a long one.

What do you use ??

Soldato
yes I should get a few of those, and decant supermarket bottle into some smaller saved 250/500 ml bottles - lea&perrins etc.
does look like you'd have to upturn bottle at a greater angle so that the uptake tube is immersed, tube of 3mm or so would also be useful for cleaning.

Soldato
OP
Thanks lads - We had some of those spouts but they got sticky after a while so reverted back to using the bottle -Those plastic one look like they will do the job and at that price just buy 2 more when they get grotty.

Soldato
We've discovered there is a Filippo Berio bottle that has a plastic spout built into its cap assembly. Pops up when you screw the cap off and springs back in when you replace it. So long as you don't mind using this oil, the convenience is insane :D No cleaning, no fiddling with fitting etc.

Soldato
We've discovered there is a Filippo Berio bottle that has a plastic spout built into its cap assembly. Pops up when you screw the cap off and springs back in when you replace it. So long as you don't mind using this oil, the convenience is insane :D No cleaning, no fiddling with fitting etc.

La Espanola olive oil the same. Glass bottle with a pop-up spout, it's great!

Caporegime
Now the olive oil bottles are so flimsy I was wondering if anyone has a favourite glass bottle despenser and spout.
Just been up and down Ebay and the list is a long one.

What do you use ??

ichendorf do some great ones, and they have a nice anti drip spout

https://www.conranshop.co.uk/clindro-glass-olive-oil-bottle.html

https://www.ichendorfmilano.com/en/products/cilindro-bottola/olive-oil-bottle-300ml/

I have a few of these great pour also with a slightly thicker balsamic

Soldato
OP

Can you remove the spout and refill ?

Soldato
Can you remove the spout and refill ?
I had a quick go - the spout itself popped out leaving a 10-12mm hole you could, carefully pour into. The entire top assembly would pull out but it could be tricky if it's tight, and messy. The entire idea is to avoid getting covered in oil :D

I discovered a spring under the popup spout and a plastic ridge - I expect after a few refills this might break down.

Soldato
OP
Got to wait till next week for our shopping run -will check whats available. Thanks

One of my battery peppercorn sprinklers has just broken a small plastic ring - Can't fix it so making do with a pleb one where the maid has to hold bottom and turn the top. Getting a bit sore now.
Her hand that is.:rolleyes:

Soldato
I had the same problem about 5 years ago. I also hated unscrewing Olive Oil lids in the middle of cooking. I wanted the Ainsley Harriet 'flick of the wrist' effect whilst listening to Mambo #5

I ended up buying these:
https://www.kitchencraft.co.uk/cate...ttle-glass-oil-and-vinegar-set-icglsalset.htm

And ditching the stand.

I have Olive Oil in one, Rape Seed in another, and Balsamic in the final one. The lid is a flappy cover which works great.

Of course nothing is perfect and theoretically Olive Oil shouldn't be exposed to light, but for everyday stuff it is totally fine.

Soldato
OP
Just an update

I was cleaning out the cupboard above cooker and found in a plastic box 3 oil dispensers still in sealed packet - so out they came -washed a white wine bottle and used that - been fine -have one for light and heavy olive oil - much better than those flimsy plastic bottles they use today. :)

Back
Top Bottom