Gigabyte M28U Release Date

Associate
Hi,

I got the M32U and need some help with calibration what settings are you guys using.

I play black ops and have 3080, only getting about 82 to 100 fps.

Thanks

Soldato
Folks.

What are the differences between Gigabyte M32U and FI32U?

Anything noticeable that would justify nearly 100 euro differences?
Panel features/performance wise they're 100% same monitor.
Difference is in covers, like gaming look/RGB and connectivity.

So mid wide gamut and very good response times at full Hz with minimal overshoot at lowest "Picture Quality" overdrive.
(higher overdrive modes garbage as is the case in most monitors)
On the other hand if you drop even to 100Hz overshoot performance becomes mediocre and lower Hertzes would be still worser.
While disabling overdrive makes response times slowish for high fps.
So would need little better tuned overdrive settings to have no obvious weaknesses.

Associate
Panel features/performance wise they're 100% same monitor.
Difference is in covers, like gaming look/RGB and connectivity.

So mid wide gamut and very good response times at full Hz with minimal overshoot at lowest "Picture Quality" overdrive.
(higher overdrive modes garbage as is the case in most monitors)
On the other hand if you drop even to 100Hz overshoot performance becomes mediocre and lower Hertzes would be still worser.
While disabling overdrive makes response times slowish for high fps.
So would need little better tuned overdrive settings to have no obvious weaknesses.

Thanks a lot.

I'm currently looking to move into the 4K zone. I currently have a Dell Alienware AW3418DW and I'm tired of the black borders in cut scenes and even in some games during game play

Plus I feel with my current specs, i should be moving into this resolution

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO 10G
32GB Ram

To tell you the truth ideally I wish the monitor had the same specs but at 38inch in size but it's annoying the sizes seem to be always either 32" or 43"

I think FI32U is the way to go and may treat myself for Christmas

Associate
Thanks a lot.

I'm currently looking to move into the 4K zone. I currently have a Dell Alienware AW3418DW and I'm tired of the black borders in cut scenes and even in some games during game play

Plus I feel with my current specs, i should be moving into this resolution

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO 10G
32GB Ram

To tell you the truth ideally I wish the monitor had the same specs but at 38inch in size but it's annoying the sizes seem to be always either 32" or 43"

I think FI32U is the way to go and may treat myself for Christmas

Enjoy - I have an AW3821DW and if I didn't have it, the FI32U or M32U would be my choice instead!

Soldato
Just spoke to OcUK regarding my m28u order was expecting stock mid October but that's not looking good.

I've changed my order to the M32u for an extra £90.

Should arrive tomorrow.

Soldato
Coming from 27" 1080p monitor I just hope 32" is doesn't seem to big.

Looking forward to getting the Series X and PS5 connected up after work.

Looking forward to seeing the difference between gaming at 1080p and 4k

Soldato
Coming from 27" 1080p monitor I just hope 32" is doesn't seem to big.

Looking forward to getting the Series X and PS5 connected up after work.
Take some paper/cardboard and use ruler/measuring tape to position them for how much bigger it will be:
http://www.displaywars.com/27-inch-16x9-vs-32-inch-16x9

Because of HDMI 2.1 being half assed and not full HDMI 2.1, you'll have to use heavy chroma subsampling with PS5.

Soldato
Because of HDMI 2.1 being half assed and not full HDMI 2.1, you'll have to use heavy chroma subsampling with PS5.

Lets hope Sony will get there act together then and provide DSC support and VVR like the Xbox and PC does, but i won't hold my breath.

Soldato
Lets hope Sony will get there act together then and provide DSC support and VVR like the Xbox and PC does, but i won't hold my breath.
Because of needing extreme real time operation to avoid lag, DSC is likely hardware implementation level feature.

And onus should be really on Gigabyte with their hype of HDMI 2.1 for FI32U/M28U/M32U despite of actual capability to only half of standard's bandwidth.

Associate
I ordered a new M32U.

Cannot wait.

Can anyone recommend any particular picture settings, should I use hdmi or DP connection and do I need to do anything to get Gsync working on it?

Soldato
I ordered a new M32U.

Cannot wait.

Can anyone recommend any particular picture settings, should I use hdmi or DP connection and do I need to do anything to get Gsync working on it?
You can get G-Sync working over HDMI 2.1 so use the supplied HDMI cable, it’ll auto set the resolution to 3840x2160 @ 60Hz so just scroll down the options to find the 3840x2160 @ 144Hz in the nVidia control panel.

I haven’t messed with any of the picture settings yet as I was very happy with the settings straight out of the box.

Soldato
Very happy with my M32u, had it since Friday.

Not installed the latest firmware yet.

Works great with my PS5 and Series X.

Great upgrade from 1080p monitor

Size is just right, glad I went 32" rather than m28u

PS5 works fine and looks great in Warzone and Cold War 4K and 120Hz no problem. Not sure what I'm missing out on with the HDMI 2.1 spec's on this monitor, I don't feel like I'm missing out picture quality looks great.

In the PS5 system settings it shows, 3840x2160- 60Hz RGB and when i change to 120Hz it shows 3840x2160 - 120hz YUV420.

Nice to see Giga byte pushing out firmware updates as well.

Back
Top Bottom