Xbox Series S TV Recommendation

Associate
Hi all

We've got the lad a xbox series s for Xmas and he's going to need a TV to go with it.

It's just for his bedroom so 32" will be more than enough. The bit I'm not sure about is the refresh rate and response time aspects. Really don't know if these are a big issue with modern tvs or not.

I'm guessing for a TV of that size, and for a series S, 1080p would be fine?

Can anyone recommend something suitable? Budget wise, ideally 200 tops.

Soldato
Any thoughts? Would I be better going with a 1440p monitor?

I have a gigabyte g32 1440p curved with my series X and it works flawlessly, it's over your budget but the point being monitors can work very well with the new Xbox's

I would say mine is a VA panel so if going for something similar you might want to take in consideration the viewing angles if not sitting at a desk directly in front of the monitor

Associate
OP
Soldato
Yeah won't have sound. Just get them a headset for time being. Turning into an expensive Christmas present otherwise :cry:

Caporegime
Perfect thanks. I could stretch to that. I guess a series S on a dedicated 1440p screen will look better than a TV? Stupid question but I'd need to purchase something like a sound bar for audio with a monitor?

Any tv for £200 will be absolutely crap the monitor should be miles better.

For a decent tv you are looking at £800+ and they don't do them in 32". Bare minimum will be 43" or 49-55". The market for small tv's is small and only really catered for by lower end products.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/best/xbox-series-x-s

This guide has budget models of monitors as well as high end stuff so one to suit all budgets.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/xbox-series-x-s

Problem is both the budget tv's they recommend are only available in the US. So TV's are pretty much a no go if you want cheap and still decent quality for the price. You have to remember the UK market is tiny compared to America. So we don't get a lot of models here and the budget stuff we get is really really bad.

Associate
OP
Yeah won't have sound. Just get them a headset for time being. Turning into an expensive Christmas present otherwise :cry:

Haha it is a little! Need to add in xbox ultimate subscription too! Thankfully we ended up picking up the xbox series s for only 60 quid so not all bad.

Associate
Haha it is a little! Need to add in xbox ultimate subscription too! Thankfully we ended up picking up the xbox series s for only 60 quid so not all bad.
HOW!?! 60 quid is a bargain.

Youd be best doing the Turkish GPU trick. basically, order 3x12 month subscriptions for XB gold (circa 24.99 each) then use a vpn on the xbox to set your location as turkey, add each sub until you hit 36 months total, then add a £1 GPU upgrade (or if you've used GPU in the past, i think 1 month is around £10) then it converts you from 36 months XB Gold to 36 months GPU. works out around £76 all in for 3 years game pass ultimate. what ill be doing when i get my Series S (probably on Black Friday)

Associate
OP
HOW!?! 60 quid is a bargain.

Youd be best doing the Turkish GPU trick. basically, order 3x12 month subscriptions for XB gold (circa 24.99 each) then use a vpn on the xbox to set your location as turkey, add each sub until you hit 36 months total, then add a £1 GPU upgrade (or if you've used GPU in the past, i think 1 month is around £10) then it converts you from 36 months XB Gold to 36 months GPU. works out around £76 all in for 3 years game pass ultimate. what ill be doing when i get my Series S (probably on Black Friday)

Well, we had a free £100 amazon voucher from a home insurance policy, then amazon gave us another £100 voucher if we signed up for their credit card (we we cancelled instantly),

We did the gpu trick too, so two years of gpu and series s has ended up costing us roughly £100 in real terms. Bargain.

Ended up ordering him a Benq ex2780q monitor. Tested it out the other day and it's unreal. Can't wait to see his face on the big day!

Associate
Well, we had a free £100 amazon voucher from a home insurance policy, then amazon gave us another £100 voucher if we signed up for their credit card (we we cancelled instantly),

We did the gpu trick too, so two years of gpu and series s has ended up costing us roughly £100 in real terms. Bargain.

Ended up ordering him a Benq ex2780q monitor. Tested it out the other day and it's unreal. Can't wait to see his face on the big day!

Noice!

Is it a faff doing the trick? I've not done it myself like haven't got the xbox yet (Xmas present I think) I just read thats how you do it.

I've got a 3 year old 4k lg 50" TV I'm going to use as it's going in the spare room of the new house, I'm not too fussed really about 120hz.

You've done well there. Only thing I would have said is you should have waited to black friday then it would have been down to around 199 if rumours are to be believed so it would've cost you nothing hope your boy enjoys it though!

Soldato
It's not a faff as such, no. VPNs are dead easy, finding a free VPN that'll let you use Turkey as a location and doesnt look dodgy AF is a little more difficult :p UrbanVPN i think is what i used recently. Brazil is a much more common option for free VPNs although a 12 month brazil sub is a few quid extra so pick your poison really.

Associate
It's not a faff as such, no. VPNs are dead easy, finding a free VPN that'll let you use Turkey as a location and doesnt look dodgy AF is a little more difficult :p UrbanVPN i think is what i used recently. Brazil is a much more common option for free VPNs although a 12 month brazil sub is a few quid extra so pick your poison really.

Can you do it on a pc or mobile? Don't get my series S til Xmas and wanted to set up the GPU before that.

Soldato
Was just going to ask if you could even get more than 60hz in TV form (as in none monitor). Its funny we class that as small these days, 20 years ago that would have been the average living room tv size:cry:.

Soldato

Is that the business credit card?

Back
Top Bottom