Electronics Cleaning Wipes.

Soldato
Hi guys,

I'm down to my last few packs of these:

1500x1500.jpg

Asking around the various supermarkets that used to do them, it would appear Pledge have stopped producing them...

So much next question is, what is everyone else using? I use these wipes specifically for phone/tablet screens etc. Never monitors or TVs - a damp microfibre cloth for that :cool:

Thanks!

Man of Honour
We use either a 70/30 mix of alcohol and distilled water or D10 disinfectant/detergent on tablets at work, together with a microfibre cloth. I had my doubts about what either would do to the tablets, but it's been fine. We have a couple of hundred and they're all cleaned repeatedly every day, so it's a reasonable sample size. D10 is great stuff, just the thing for a multitude of cleaning tasks. Not a household product, so I doubt if you could get it in a convenient little spray bottle. As far as I know, it's only sold as a concentrate to be diluted about 20:1 to use. But you could buy a small refillable spray bottle and dribble a few drops of D10 into it along with some water. I had a quick look online and found sizes as small as 1L, so ~20L of cleaning product.

Not sure if I'd use either on my own kit, though.

Associate
That's literally just distilled water and stuff to make it foamy? cheaper to buy a bottle of alcohol and distilled water and make yiur own mixture!?

amazon review said:
Fatty alcohol-polyoxyethylene ether - 3%
Propanediol butyl ether , propylene glycol mono-butyl ether - 1.90 %
Sodium Alcohol Ether Sulphate - 0.08%
Distilled Water - 94%
Carbomer - 1.02%

Soldato
We use either a 70/30 mix of alcohol and distilled water or D10 disinfectant/detergent on tablets at work, together with a microfibre cloth.

How to remove oleophobic coating in 3 simple steps :(

OP - I use eco mist. Been using it for 4 years or so, great products which cleans effectively and comes with a nice microfibre :)

Last edited:
Soldato
How to remove oleophobic coating in 3 simple steps

he did say or - but, yes I dont get the, common use, of alcohol based cleaners, at all, covid aside.
We use either a 70/30 mix of alcohol and distilled water or D10 disinfectant/detergent on tablets at work, together with a microfibre cloth.

and exclusively use gentle detergent on screens, and a foaming carpet detergent(q tip applied) on keyboards

Back
Top Bottom