*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Ideally for xmas yes, how is the game library for the standalone? I saw a while back some guy fighting a skeleton with a sword and shield which looked really awesome and set the kids off on the path of wanting a VR set, that plus various arcade experiences! I take it the oculus just works with any steam game VR versions you might have? Out of interest what's the deal with requiring a facebook profile to use it?

Standalone library is pretty good. Especially for shorter replayable things (beat saber, superhot, mini golf, table tennis).

You do need facebook, and game you buy will be linked, so make a legit one that you can prove, even if you don't want to use it. I just use my actual facebook because I don't see the point in not doing so.

Underboss
im going to submit a ticket to Oculus support

Headset is playing up

i have 100% battery

i hold down power button, hear the tune, oculus logo appears, then goes black just before the menu and music sounds, it goes off, like ive pressed the power button the once to goto standby ?

i press power button, but its black, no sound, no menu, nothing

if i hold power button down, i do not get the option to reboot, it just shuts down

Soldato
as ive said, im communicating with them now

its broken, it wont boot

Oh, I mean anyone outside the regular front line support, who are probably just to tell you the things you have done already like Factory reset etc. etc. They will probably ask you to send in logs. And those guys won't be working until Monday.

You have been having ongoing problems, so it's probably an RMA. :(

Soldato
Melmac your a Legend !

im going through the set up screens, holding it to my face (no straps)

where is this sensor ? worth putting tape over it ?

haha, class!! Glad you are back up and running. I am not sure where the sensor is, but, you can turn it off in the settings menu.

Just Disable the autowake and autosleep feature. You just have to push the button to wake the headset up and to send it to sleep when you take it off.

EDIT: I just took a look inside my headset. You see where it shows the IPD setting? I think it's just above that. If the disabling the auto wake/sleep in the settings doesn't work, you could try tape over it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom