Who can advise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I'm a newbie here and I'm struggling to get my head around how this site works. I seem to be able to post on some threads or start threads in General Discussion, but the options to reply to posts or start threads in some forums aren't available to me. Is there an explanation why this would be somewhere, that I can be pointed to?

Caporegime
I'm a newbie here and I'm struggling to get my head around how this site works. I seem to be able to post on some threads or start threads in General Discussion, but the options to reply to posts or start threads in some forums aren't available to me. Is there an explanation why this would be somewhere, that I can be pointed to?

Example?

Associate
OP
I tried to post a thread about Matt Hancock being turned down fot the UN job on the Speakers Corner forum, but there wasn't an option to start a new thread there. On other forums I see a message that I don't have permission to post there.

I'm don't want to change the world, I'm not looking for a new England, I just want to know how this site works and why it isn't as intuitive as other sites are. I'm sure there are good reasons behind why I can't post in some places. I just want to understand what the basic rules are, if that makes sense.

Associate
OP
You’ve been placed on a watch list so some threads are read only for you until your true intentions can be ascertained.
Thank you. Did Commodore Perry have the same success in joining this site as he had when opening up trade with the Japanese Tokugawa Shogunate, or is it a rule here that everyone has to prove they are totally paranoid about outsiders before being accepted?

Caporegime
Thank you. Did Commodore Perry have the same success in joining this site as he had when opening up trade with the Japanese Tokugawa Shogunate, or is it a rule here that everyone has to prove they are totally paranoid about outsiders before being accepted?

Goto the top of general discussion, click moderator list, email a MOD and ask what access you have.

Most people have been here so long they have access to everything by default.

Off the top of my head the only areas I know that have post count requirements are the MM and the crypto sub forum.

Some other information:
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/help

Associate
OP
Goto the top of general discussion, click moderator list, email a MOD and ask what access you have.

Most people have been here so long they have access to everything by default.

Off the top of my head the only areas I know that have post count requirements are the MM and the crypto sub forum.

Some other information:
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/help
Thank you.

Soldato

I'm doubtful you'll find an explanation, but I suspect subforums like speakers corner won't get unlocked until you reach a certain post count/account age. In the past it was a reasonably frequent occurrence that troll accounts are created and then spam hot topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom