Is 'gl hf' not a thing anymore?

V F

V F

Soldato
'gg' seems to have been replaced with 'ez'

:cry: yeah this seems to get used a lot. Even in games where its almost a draw, like 1 kill in it and you get these types who scream easy. I can imagine it riles a lot of people up.

I used to think this was only a Division 2 Dark Zone thing but I've heard others say the same things in many other games. I've no idea where it has come from but I see so many going "ezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" "get clapped" "get beamed son" "ez 1v1" and so on.

Yet this is coming from grown men.

People tend to be too much of sweaty try hards these days, who if you outplay them they get nasty or throw the haccusations, I miss the old days of good competitive gameplay, where teams would actually work together, and not be insults galore from the loosing team at the end of a match.

You should see how toxic pvp becomes in the Dark Zone in The Division franchise. It makes CS:GO and COD that I've heard look quite tame. The only difference is, you can actually cheat in The Division 2.

The frightening thing I find is seeing how many humans out there are bots for gamers how they all seem to copy each other for the worst. One does it, a thousand does it.

Soldato
I've been playing Splitgate a lot recently thanks to the responses to this thread where I asked for some UT-type fun

Splitgate is delivering; it's a ton of fun but it's evidencing some similar responses in other games I'm also playing where the old 'GL HF' (or 'glhf' because you're trying to cram it in before the action starts!) gets ignored or sometimes ridiculed. (I had an Ozzie guy over chat say, "Uh, what is GILF dude? Is that your gran?" which is not bad for a retort to be fair)

I'm not a huge fan of voice comms unless we're doing something a bit more serious but I'm curious if this is just a NZ/AUS thing where people under a certain age don't know or don't care or don't bother with some of the stuff I used to and still do by rote.

What's the fresh takes?

Long gone the nice polite days playing BF2, Bad Company 2, EVE Online, Strikeforce (UT99 mod), Tactical Ops (UT99 Mod).
Now in the era of World of Tanks and very competitive gaming, telling "u sck" and "die looser" is common place. And I am guilty too. Is frustrating hence play 2-3 battles then focusing on offline games or non competitive games like Trackmania2 :D

Associate
I remember the days in WoT when you could talk to the enemy team. oh, the hate. particularly if anyone ever dared say "hello" in polish. And yeah 2-3 battles is about the amount you need before you're turned from happy to wanting to murder someone. lovely game with an awesome community.

V F

V F

Soldato
Long gone the nice polite days playing BF2, Bad Company 2, EVE Online, Strikeforce (UT99 mod), Tactical Ops (UT99 Mod).
Now in the era of World of Tanks and very competitive gaming, telling "u sck" and "die looser" is common place. And I am guilty too. Is frustrating hence play 2-3 battles then focusing on offline games or non competitive games like Trackmania2 :D

It's hard for so many to even say "gg" these days. So many salty people online in games today. Even just being nice to people in so many games gets people salty.

Soldato
It's hard for so many to even say "gg" these days. So many salty people online in games today. Even just being nice to people in so many games gets people salty.

Some times while playing trackmania 2, there are people who just curse, swear for no apparent reason just because you said gg.

Back
Top Bottom