X4 Foundations

Soldato
OP
Or if ur like me and dont care about the whole game being a sim but good enough then the older ones are still great. Plus unless u got a high spec modern cpu i.e last few years, then ull suffer from frame rates going up and down. Also amd cards suffer more than nvidias in x4 me and panos figured out.

You can catch a dev called xenon_slayer play x2 sometimes on his twitch channel.
https://www.twitch.tv/xenon_slayer

Soldato
Or if ur like me and dont care about the whole game being a sim but good enough then the older ones are still great. Plus unless u got a high spec modern cpu i.e last few years, then ull suffer from frame rates going up and down. Also amd cards suffer more than nvidias in x4 me and panos figured out.

You can catch a dev called xenon_slayer play x2 sometimes on his twitch channel.
https://www.twitch.tv/xenon_slayer

Thanks I'm going to check him out. I still have a GTX 980 and I game at 1080p. How would it perform for me?

Soldato
@SkeeterUK they are i7 4790K at 4GHz, auto boosts to 4.4 and 16GB ram.

Sadly I think the days of buying new games for me is over until I can upgrade my PC. I tried Battlefield 2042 Beta and it was a bad experience :(. I'm going to play X2 for now and I'll come back to consider X4 whenever I am able to run the game better.

Soldato
@SkeeterUK they are i7 4790K at 4GHz, auto boosts to 4.4 and 16GB ram.

Sadly I think the days of buying new games for me is over until I can upgrade my PC. I tried Battlefield 2042 Beta and it was a bad experience :(. I'm going to play X2 for now and I'll come back to consider X4 whenever I am able to run the game better.
Thanks I'm going to check him out. I still have a GTX 980 and I game at 1080p. How would it perform for me?

For 1080p the GTX980 should be fine. As for the CPU overclock the 4790K to 4.6-4.8, shame on you having it on autoboost. We are not a stockclockers forum :D hahahaha

My laptop is 6700HQ (your CPU is 30-38% faster) and a GTX1060 6GB (game depending equal or slower than the GTX980) and the game does 100+ fps at 1080p with maxed out settings without Space Reflections. Even have the ability to run vkBasalt (reshade for Linux) which does affect perf. True at stations does around 40fps but even an RTX3080 mobile with 5800H does so at 2560x1600 or a 5700XT + 3900X at 2560x1440.

FYI Allkeys has the base game for £16.50

Soldato
Ahh,

So just fired up the game since getting a bit borred with playing as Terrans a couple of months back. The Terrans are cool but.... because of their unique tech and blah blah.

Anyway, now there are custom starts, this is seriously cool.

I always wanted to play as a Split guy, but be hated by basically everyone, aside from the split. So going to try it, -30 hostile to basically everyone other than both Split factions and Havitka (why not) and basically go full on pirate - you can also choose how much money you start with, blueprints etc, but I figured this part of the grind is half of the purpose of the game, so I am not going to give myself any blueprints and start money to a minimum. BUT.... I am going to "cheat" with the research, and have the player station fully complete off the bat because that is a massive ballache which will be very difficuly -30 to everyone.

But you can literally start yourself off with stations and whatever really, very cool.

Gonna fire it up see how I go, maybe go back and tweak it if it becomes quickly apparent this is too easy/hard.

Soldato
Thinking about it more, I might try and create a start hostile to everyone, apart from scale plate/havitka.

Put the player station in one of those sectors and go from there. I dunno how easy it would be I think I will give myself all the blueprints though.

I'm not sure what minerals are in those sectors I might go have a look on an established save first.

Would be cool though, basically backed right into a corner.

Soldato
Hmm so after doing some research and some thinking, there basically isnt a Neutral/Pirate System with all the resources in. I think it would be basically impossible to play self sufficient and hostile to everyone, off the bat that is. Plus you'd need to get hold of a builder, I guess you could possibly capture one, but then you cant repair it without a friendly ship yard, which there wont be if you are hostile to everyone.....cant buy builder drones etc.

I think there is just too many unforseen variables to be able to do this.

The only other possible thing, is to start the game with a whole ton of battleships, nuke a sector of whoever is there so its neutral, then loose the battleships and start up from there. But I dont know how aggresively a faction AI would come for your assets if you did that, and you'd need to spawn in a builder also, I still think you'd run into problems as well.

Soldato
I love how they keep doing so much work on this game. The game is expensive I'll grant you that, but considering it's a one off cost, for god knows how many hours play time and all this work they keep doing you can't complain. The game does feel really quite polished now.

Soldato
OP
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=443184

Join us for the premiere of the Reveal Teaser for the next expansion of X4: Foundations on Thursday, November 25 2021, around 6.30pm CET, at https://www.youtube.com/GameStarDE and https://www.twitch.tv/monstersandexplosions. Following the premiere of the Reveal Teaser, Egosoft founder Bernd Lehahn will be talking to Gamestar / MonstersAndExplosions about the upcoming third expansion for X4: Foundations (in German).

When?
November 25 2021, approx. 6:30pm CET (9.30am PST / 12.30pm EST / 5.30pm GMT)

Where?
https://www.youtube.com/GameStarDE
https://www.twitch.tv/monstersandexplosions

What?
- Reveal Teaser for the next X4 expansion
- Talk with Bernd Lehahn (German)

Soldato
OP
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=443184

• Third expansion for X4: Foundations to be released in Q1 2022
  • Extraordinary new ships, new economy and gameplay elements will surprise X4 players
  • Captivating new stories will challenge the perception of social order and justice in the X universe
  • Extensive free 5.00 update to feature a series of new capital ships, numerous new interiors, and AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution (FSR)
EGOSOFT today unveils the next chapter in its long-running space simulation franchise. X4: Tides of Avarice is the third expansion for the latest game in the series, X4: Foundations. X4: Tides of Avarice will be released for PC (Windows, Linux) in the first quarter of 2022.

>> Watch the X4: Tides of Avarice - Reveal Teaser <<

Meet new factions and experience their stories
Encountering and interacting with previously unknown, lawless pirate and scavenger factions, will challenge your perception of social order and justice in the X universe. In new sectors and dangerous regions, you will not only discover new ships and stations, but also encounter stellar phenomena that will significantly influence your plans and actions. What is it all about, and who are the mysterious manipulators that have learned to master a rare and vital resource? Your journey will lead you towards the answers. Set out and discover a new chapter of X4: Foundations.

Let new ships terrify and enchant you at the same time
Roam through the Windfall and Avarice systems, and discover numerous new ships from the pirate and scavenger factions of X4: Tides of Avarice. Among other new ships, you can look forward to the following highlights:
  • The Erlking, a terrifying pirate battleship with an experimental and unusual energy source, has been developed over many years by the Riptide Rakers, at great cost to their resources and lives, in a desperate attempt to take advantage of stellar phenomena in the Avarice system. In X4: Tides of Avarice, you will find out more about these curious events, while you upgrade the Erlking using research and resources acquired during your adventure.
  • The Astrid, an incredibly lavish and luxurious yacht, projects wealth and importance. Owned by the CEO of the Northriver Company, Brantlee Northriver, it is rumoured to be the fastest ship in the galaxy. With its sleek design, the Astrid is a ship unlike anything you've ever come across in the X universe. What mysteries might it hold?
Salvage shipwrecks to recycle resources
Have you ever come across a shipwreck and wished you could use it in a profitable way? In the Avarice system, the Riptide Rakers, a loosely organised group of scavengers and traders, have developed the means to salvage wrecks and use them in production. Either tow the wreck with one of the new tug ships, or dismantle the wreck right where you found it using a new deconstruction ship. Once you've reached a station equipped with a recycling module, watch your scrap metal turn into building resources.

X4: Foundations 5.00 Update
X4: Tides of Avarice is released at the same time as the extensive, free 5.00 update for X4: Foundations, which expands and improves the base game in several ways. The 5.00 update introduces a series of new capital ships. These ships have been re-imagined, and a new fleet of improved models will now be on sale in various shipyards. Several factions in the game will gradually start using these new and improved ships. The 5.00 update will also bring AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution (FSR) to X4: Foundations, using a collection of cutting-edge upscaling technologies to boost performance.

Further details about X4: Tides of Avarice, as well as the 5.00 update for X4: Foundations, will be released over the next few months as we get closer to the release date. X4: Tides of Avarice is now listed on Steam and GOG and can be added to players' wish-lists.

Back
Top Bottom