Are you British or English, Scotish, Welsh or Nothern Irish

Man of Honour
Human, Earth.

I honestly want to write that - because I am, time humanity moved past the idea of countries, sure celebrate different cultures, but I wish we binned countries per say, worked together as one people.

Id still keep countries but just as identifier to where abouts on Earth, kind of like counties I guess, and good to exchange cultures, but we all need be one Earth now.

Maybe in another millenia or five. Right now, I think having a one world government would be both impossible and very dangerous.

By the way, it's "per se", not "per say". Per se means "by itself" (a meaning usually better served by a word such as "intrinsically"). Per say is a mangled mix of languages that might possibly be used as a slightly shorter but much more clumsy way of saying "by speaking".

Soldato
Well put, sadly many fall into the category of Person B, and a lot of true British seem to, nowadays, wish they were of a different nationality, yet steadfastly remain here, moaning and castigating the UK and its history.

It's Britain's future (based on the direction we're going) I'm more concerned with, rather than it's history.

people who don't see themselves as British don't adhere to our values and go out of their way to subvert our way of life. ( not all but some)

You say that as if it's somehow a bad thing? Take a quick look around and ask yourself if maybe a bit of "subversion" might not do some good

Last edited:
Associate
Scottish here. (Bold 't' for the OP's benefit :p)

Since I've been mature enough, I've always said I'm British first. Born in Scotland, spent almost half my life living in England, have recently returned north of the border. The Mrs is English and our kids were born in England (with a little bit of Welsh in there too).

I don't think it's a bad thing to consider yourself, or be proud of yourself for being, Xxxx-ish before British, or vice versa, just as long as you're not an Engerlish chair-throwing football fan :D

But, none of the above (my post, or the previous posts in the thread) matters, as we are now forced to tolerate those who identify as ******* teapots, frying pans or Boeing 747s!
Cancel

Associate
Scottish here. (Bold 't' for the OP's benefit :p)

Since I've been mature enough, I've always said I'm British first. Born in Scotland, spent almost half my life living in England, have recently returned north of the border. The Mrs is English and our kids were born in England (with a little bit of Welsh in there too).

I don't think it's a bad thing to consider yourself, or be proud of yourself for being, Xxxx-ish before British, or vice versa, just as long as you're not an Engerlish chair-throwing football fan :D

But, none of the above (my post, or the previous posts in the thread) matters, as we are now forced to tolerate those who identify as ******* teapots, frying pans or Boeing 747s!

Cancel.

Caporegime
Why do people get so flustered If someone describes themselves as English.

Do you just jump to nationalistic cliché in your head automatically?

I find this a very British attitude, Brits are so quick to self deprivation. Is that the right word. My English is actually getting worse. I can feel it. :p

Honestly it is just a place where you register a birth.

It doesn't culturally follow you will be English/British otherwise we wouldn't have so many lunatic bombers/stabbers doing their thing in the name of far away lands and religious bs.

Back
Top Bottom