• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
The existing GPUs are already being sold for a high price. The 3080 doesn’t cost below £1000 in the real world and AIBs have already set £1700 as the price for the 3080 Ti. Whatever price NVIDIA would be setting for the Super is mythical as the market has already assigned prices to their existing GPUs and they are selling whatever they can produce.
And what does AIBs, distributors, and retailers charging extra have to do with the price Nvidia gets?

If something like this is happening, it will be because Nvidia intends to reset their MSRP in such a way that any extra "shortage" surcharge goes to them and not the other parts of the supply chain.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
The hardware times article is simply quoting MLID. I think the guy is a fraud. I followed him around the launch of RDNA 2 and Ampere.
Needless to say I unsubscribed from the channel as it was clear he is making these videos for clicks nothing more.

I watched his content before the ampere launch. I can't recall your version of events in so far as it has been distorted somewhat. I do recall he was quite accurate on the things he brought up such as the FE was the fake MSRP and AIB's wont be able to get anywhere near it. Would have to revisit some of his stuff but overall I think he was more accurate than majority of tubers out there.

Associate
It will only be the select cards that are being replaced by the new one in January that said it seem odd to cancel anything when they are bring back the 2060 with 12GB

Soldato
Yup.

Earlier this year, the chip shortage seemed like it might ease sometime in 2022. Now, that forecast appears to have been optimistic.

“The shortages are going to continue indefinitely,” Brandon Kulik, head of Deloitte’s semiconductor industry practice, told Ars. “Maybe that doesn’t mean 10 years, but certainly we’re not talking about quarters. We’re talking about years.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/202...ip-shortage-as-supply-chain-problems-pile-up/

Man of Honour
As this rate several generations of GPU and the next refresh of consoles will be impacted. I still don’t understand why my fridge, toaster etc needs to be ‘smart’ and have a chip in it. That and supply chain issues, no wonder chips have been hammered.

Man of Honour
As this rate several generations of GPU and the next refresh of consoles will be impacted. I still don’t understand why my fridge, toaster etc needs to be ‘smart’ and have a chip in it. That and supply chain issues, no wonder chips have been hammered.

The purpose of "smart" devices is surveillance. If you own a "smart" product, you are a product. There's no way businesses are going to give up that power and profit, so it's here to stay. More than that - it will continue to expand.

Soldato
The purpose of "smart" devices is surveillance. If you own a "smart" product, you are a product. There's no way businesses are going to give up that power and profit, so it's here to stay. More than that - it will continue to expand.

If there is money to be made off of "dumb" devices, I have a hard time believing that there are no businesses, anywhere, that would like to make that money.

It seems there is a growing hole in themarket just waiting for someone to drive thru and collect.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

Correct, not sure the businesses are going to change but a start would be embargo on unnecessary appliances that would have chips until the shortage alleviates. Probably not the same class of chip in a car ECU as the toaster though but I guess at component level, raw materials it may apply.

Permabanned

Those chips are made using aging process nodes. For example 90nm or 65nm.
They don't influence the new 7nm and 5nm production lines.

Permabanned
Perhaps not but they do share some of the same raw materials

There is too much sand, the main ingredient, on the Planet.

For everything else, they need to adjust the supplies accordingly.

The GPU shortage is more like a result from wrong policies (AMD may prioritise the consoles APUs and Ryzen CPUs which are plenty in supply, instead of wafers for new Navi 21 graphics cards) / artificial sabotage with regards to hiding the real supply, in order to drive the prices upwards.

Man of Honour
There is too much sand, the main ingredient, on the Planet.

For everything else, they need to adjust the supplies accordingly.

The GPU shortage is more like a result from wrong policies (AMD may prioritise the consoles APUs and Ryzen CPUs which are plenty in supply, instead of wafers for new Navi 21 graphics cards) / artificial sabotage with regards to hiding the real supply, in order to drive the prices upwards.

Don’t forget water that was the main limiting factor in Taiwan for a long time.

Soldato
Up, up, and away! That AMD FineWine™ applying even to prices. :cool:

GPU-Pricing-31-October-2021.jpg

https://videocardz.com/newz/gpu-pri...deon-rx-6000-again-twice-as-expensive-as-msrp

Permabanned
Maybe there is a hope:

"The European Union should ban the energy-intensive system used to mine Bitcoin, one of the bloc's leading financial regulators has said.

In an interview with the Financial Times, vice-chair of the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) Erik Thedéen called for a bloc-wide ban on "proof of work" crypto mining, saying the industry's energy usage was becoming a "national issue" in his native Sweden.

"Bitcoin is now a national issue for Sweden because of the amount of renewable energy devoted to mining," Thedéen told the FT."

EU regulator calls for a ban on proof of work Bitcoin mining to save renewable energy | Euronews

Back
Top Bottom