Madeleine McCann cops ask Home Office for more money to continue search for missing child

Soldato
So the following logical step from your position she died in an accident is, the Mccans after finding this out after or part way through dinner managed to so brilliantly and completely hide the body that it wasn't found in such a big hunt with no preparation or planning.

while also not traveling so far as to raise any major suspicion that would have focused a search.

Someone was apparently seen carrying a girl, so I don't know, is the more logical steps that a child snatcher happen to be in the area and happen to find an unlocked door without raising any suspicions whilst trying lots of doors and happened to find a room that a couple woefully looked after their children and weren't inside the apartment and happen to walk off with a child without her making a noise of fear, because apparently she sleeps so well that they need to leave a door open in case of waking her coming through the front door noisely?
That sounds equally as plausible :rolleyes: . I'm not arguing for either point so hard as most, but it's just never sat right with me.

Last edited:
Soldato
You're right.

And as horrific as leaving the door unlocked was, the story makes sense. It's like a series of unfortunate events. Hotel offered a 1 hour checking service, so clearly leaving kids in the room was a thing. Opening the door makes horrendous noise, we've all been there. The patio door can only be locked from the inside, it made no noise.

It isn't such a conspiracy theory as say, Sandy Hook.
Some might say your grasping at straws, your making just as many assumptions, I'm more likely to believe that a hotel service would have keys, I'm more likely to believe that a considerate parent would lock the door and let the hotel staff come in from the front. We have no idea how much noise that makes and if it makes noise then so be it, it's a damn sight better than leaving children unattended in an open apartment.

Soldato
Some might say your grasping at straws, your making just as many assumptions, I'm more likely to believe that a hotel service would have keys, I'm more likely to believe that a considerate parent would lock the door and let the hotel staff come in from the front. We have no idea how much noise that makes and if it makes noise then so be it, it's a damn sight better than leaving children unattended in an open apartment.
No I'm replaying the best, most factual account we have, from a court of law, that was believe by a jury of peers having listened to all of the information and making a decision on the base of probabilities.

Soldato
No I'm replaying the best, most factual account we have, from a court of law, that was believe by a jury of peers having listened to all of the information and making a decision on the base of probabilities.
Agreed, but no one has ever lied in court before, or been wrongfully accused. Ever.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
The courts would be full of parents who leave their kids back in the hotel rooms/apartments.
The only people I've heard of who have left a 3 year old alone in an unlocked, easily accessible location for an extended period of time are the McCanns.

However, they are not as bad as that idiotic narcissist of a young mother who left her infant child to die whilst going on a multi-day bender.

Man of Honour
Yep i undestand that but doesn't make it right and parents should no better, unfortunately the Mcanns realised to late.

The McCann's and the other seven adults realised too late.
I don't know why people don't mention the Tapas 7 since they all took responsibility out there and did the same thing every night with all the kids until the abduction.

Man of Honour
The only people I've heard of who have left a 3 year old alone in an unlocked, easily accessible location for an extended period of time are the McCanns.

You're making the assumption the abductor went through the door, the Cops believe they went through the window.
That Portugeuse Cop said you can't get through the windows and then a well known Portugeuse burglar showed them how easy it is because he did it all the time.

Soldato
The McCann's and the other seven adults realised too late.
I don't know why people don't mention the Tapas 7 since they all took responsibility out there and did the same thing every night with all the kids until the abduction.
You say abduction like that's a definite. That's what erks me, there's no more proof that she was abducted, than hidden or walked out of an unlocked door. Missing is the right word but to be so definite, let's the Mccans off when they don't deserve it.

Caporegime
Someone was apparently seen carrying a girl, so I don't know, is the more logical steps that a child snatcher happen to be in the area and happen to find an unlocked door without raising any suspicions whilst trying lots of doors and happened to find a room that a couple woefully looked after their children and weren't inside the apartment and happen to walk off with a child without her making a noise of fear, because apparently she sleeps so well that they need to leave a door open in case of waking her coming through the front door noisely?
That sounds equally as plausible :rolleyes: . I'm not arguing for either point so hard as most, but it's just never sat right with me.

Yes crimes of opertunity are more likely than a frankly amazing short notice body hodig attempt by grieving parents after thier child accidentally died.

Why would he have tried lots of doors?

He may have just seen them going in and checking and not locking it.

Back
Top Bottom