Tory MP Sir David Amess murdered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
He didn't just vote against gay marriage, he voted against allowing homosexual couples the same adoption rights as heterosexual couples, he voted against giving homosexuals the same age of consent as heterosexuals. So his votes weren't just about gay marriage.

I've also provided multiple other examples of morally wrong voting choices he has made as well. These voting choices are there for all to see online.
He was 69 and a Catholic so isn't exactly a big shock that he would have these views.

Shall we talk about the views against homosexuals in Somalia? It's illegal and punishable by death. If you are genuinely concerned about people adopting views against the rights of gay people then surely a good start would be not to mass import people with these views already in place? That seems entirely reasonable and pragmatic.

Soldato
As I've literally pointed out above, by modern standards of equality it is not good. You cannot say that having more restrictive laws for people based upon their sexuality is right or fair. He consistently voted to prevent equality of homosexuals in the eyes of the law.

But he voted that way for 35 years, that must mean he was a good guy.

Caporegime
He was 69 and a Catholic so isn't exactly a big shock that he would have these views.

Shall we talk about the views against homosexuals in Somalia? It's illegal and punishable by death. If you are genuinely concerned about people adopting views against the rights of gay people then surely a good start would be not to mass import people with these views already in place? That seems entirely reasonable and pragmatic.

I expect when someone enters this country they abide by the laws and morals of our society. I've made that clear across many threads.

I'll also point out I'm catholic. I disagree entirely with the churches stance on homosexuality. I'm hetero.

Soldato

Alan Turing says Hi.

Soldato
He voted against equal rights for homosexuals, for mass surveillance of private communications, against better benefits for the disabled and those temporarily unable to work, against increasing benefits at least in line with inflation, voted for the bedroom tax, voted to sell off public parks and forests, voted for less regulation in the fracking industry, voted against green initiatives to reduce climate change, voted to raise tuition fees, voted for the Iraq war, voted against military action against isis when they were busy committing genocide...want me to go on? There's more!

You need to separate out where he voted with the government to that of his own unique views. Remember the country voted for a conservative government whether you like it or not. He was very much against equal gay rights, affording women the right to chose to have a baby. On the Iraq war, he was one of the MPs that realised sooner that they were sold a pup and had made him very cautious about using military intervention in future.

Do you think these controversial issues for the British people was a contribution to his assassination? Do you think Ali was for or against gay rights? For or against invasions into Muslim countries? For or against abortion?

Caporegime
His voting record affected me negatively, but I don’t for one second even want to bring that up as it has no relevance in my eyes to this shocking act of barbaric violence, and this thread is just a disgrace.

Caporegime
You need to separate out where he voted with the government to that of his own unique views. Remember the country voted for a conservative government whether you like it or not. He was very much against equal gay rights, affording women the right to chose to have a baby. On the Iraq war, he was one of the MPs that realised sooner that they were sold a pup and had made him very cautious about using military intervention in future.

Do you think these controversial issues for the British people was a contribution to his assassination? Do you think Ali was for or against gay rights? For or against invasions into Muslim countries? For or against abortion?

As I stated earlier in the thread at this stage we will have no idea towards the motive or why he was specifically targeted. It could be political (likely) or personal.

Unfortunately when someone is an active member of a government and has not been seen to be questioning their actions one can only assume that their views were aligned. Also note I've critiqued his personal votes, not just the government's.
We have seen Tory mps speak out against the actions of the Tory government.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom