• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD demonstrates Ryzen 9 5900X prototype with 3D V-Cache stack chiplet design

Caporegime
In fact, i'm more likely to just boot into Linux for everyday use. Because let's face it, Linux is faster than Win anything anyway and the only reason i use Win10 is for benching and games. Even games are moving to Proton with a lot of them knocking Win10 into the dust.

i'm pretty stoked to see Linux getting some attention RE: gaming, yeah Windows is dog poo and i would drop it right away if i knew i could rely on it for gaming.

Gaming on Linux is critical to Valves success with the Steam Deck so they are throwing their wight behind it.

Soldato
i'm pretty stoked to see Linux getting some attention RE: gaming, yeah Windows is dog poo and i would drop it right away if i knew i could rely on it for gaming.

Gaming on Linux is critical to Valves success with the Steam Deck so they are throwing their wight behind it.

It's not in a place that is fully ready for gaming yet......................but i think it may well be within the next year or so. With Steam behind it all the major players will have to wade in and embrace and code for it. What really matters though is that gamers will see an huge uplift in performance that totally out performs even a generation of GPU upgrade.

Caporegime
It's not in a place that is fully ready for gaming yet......................but i think it may well be within the next year or so. With Steam behind it all the major players will have to wade in and embrace and code for it. What really matters though is that gamers will see an huge uplift in performance that totally out performs even a generation of GPU upgrade.

Yes exactly, and i for one am looking forward to it :)

Soldato
It will be very interesting to see, given Valves adoption and push for the Steam Deck, and the hype that seems to be around it, it's quite possibly going to make some serious inroads...

Haven't AMD already raised at least one PR in the kernel for a fairly healthy improvement in performance due to the work between AMD and Valve on the Steam Deck? With presumably more to come. Good times for all :p

Personally I'd love that, I work daily on/with Linux and much prefer the environment (mostly just due to familiarity tbh) so if I could ditch Windows entirely then all the better.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
am4 still have another gen to go through (3d cache) and can upgrade up to 16 core CPU.
By the time is irrelevant and dead it will be when DDR5 6400mhz can do 16-16-16-32 and games need more than 8 core CPU which won't be until next gen consoles. (in 5 years from now)

I doubt we shall see Zen 4 before end 2022 - start 2023 and we do not know at what prices, motherboard prices, RAM prices. Also we shouldn't forget ADL is also a placeholder stop gap and Intel has a proven track record killing their platforms within 7 months!
Agreed.

Hold on, was you not permabanned? How did you get back in? :cry:

What exactly did you do to get banned anyways? :)

Soldato
Agreed.

Hold on, was you not permabanned? How did you get back in? :cry:

What exactly did you do to get banned anyways? :)

Asked for my account to be deleted per GDPR. OCUK agreed to do so over a year ago. Yet here we are, they just ban the account but never deleted it even if several times asked them to do.

So because with Skeeter play together X4 Foundations, asked OCUK to activate it again and here I am. :D

Though the perma ban on the Graphic Card section is still ON for my argument with Grim5 and 4K<forgot the rest> :D

Soldato
I can think of some super useful workloads that will likely benefit really well.
Consider this. On Linux atm we have SAM and Ray Tracing on all AMD GPUs with CGN 1.1 or newer.
Scheduler (aka governor) works amazingly well with AMD CPUs too. While on Windows 10 the X4 Foundations is restricted to 6 cores somehow, on Linux using 10 and the perf is noticeable in CPU bound process of the background simulator.

Even some people rewrote how L3 can be used to boost perf back in 2019.

Permabanned
Asked for my account to be deleted per GDPR. OCUK agreed to do so over a year ago. Yet here we are, they just ban the account but never deleted it even if several times asked them to do.

So because with Skeeter play together X4 Foundations, asked OCUK to activate it again and here I am. :D

Though the perma ban on the Graphic Card section is still ON for my argument with Grim5 and 4K<forgot the rest> :D

Oh dear. Welcome back.
I didn't know that I held that responsibility for you being suspended :eek:

You are actually my favourite forum member :cool:

Back
Top Bottom