Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER OR Gigabyte X570S AORUS MASTER

Associate
Hello all, please could someone tell what the differences between the Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER and Gigabyte X570S AORUS MASTER are and which would best suit my build below?

COOLER - Corsair H115 Pro (I have this already and will take it off my current pc as it is only 1 year old)
CASE - Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid-tower case (have this already)
OS -Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
CPU - RYZEN 7 5800X EIGHT CORE 4.7GHZ (SOCKET AM4) PROCESSOR
GPU - RTX 3080
PSU - RMX SERIES RM1000X 80 PLUS GOLD FULLY MODULAR ATX POWER SUPPLY
RAM- TEAM GROUP EDITION 32GB (2X16GB) DDR4 PC4-28800C16 3600MHZ DUAL CHANNEL KIT
STORAGE - 2 x BLACK SN850 1TB SSD M.2 2280 NVME PCI-E GEN4 SOLID STATE DRIVE (S100T1X0E)

Thank you :)

Associate
Apart from fanless, Gigabyte X570S AORUS MASTER have one more m.2 slot (total 4 slots) and have wifi 6E.

I did look at both Aorus Master boards but got msi x570s carbon max at the end.

Soldato
You don't need dual bios anymore now that you can flash the bios without so much as a CPU in it.

I just brought the 570S and regretting it already, the LAN port isn't working, it's an Intel 1225-v and searching the internet trying to fix it, people are having endless issues with it on various boards, I brought the board for the 4th m.2 slot, be aware though that if you use all 4 m.2 slots you lose 2 SATA ports and the bottom pci-e x16 (x4) slot.

Love the newer design though and as others have said, it's fanless, I've not seen the chipset go over 60oC yet under intel burn in test or prime yet.

Associate
I have just bought an X570s but have had to return it because it would not boot with RAM errors, hopfully I will get my Ram and motherboard back working.
I did notice while testing it, under the first m.2 heat shield there was another plate on top of the standoffs, do you leave this in place and put your own m.2 on top of it, because there is no mention of this in the manual.

Soldato
I have just bought an X570s but have had to return it because it would not boot with RAM errors, hopfully I will get my Ram and motherboard back working.
I did notice while testing it, under the first m.2 heat shield there was another plate on top of the standoffs, do you leave this in place and put your own m.2 on top of it, because there is no mention of this in the manual.

If you mean the gigabyte x570 master, you can remove the top m.2 heatsink, install your m.2 drive in it on the bench and then install the board in the case, then add the m.2 heatsink back on top of the drive, it hides the centre motherboard mounting hole

Associate
its the z570s and when you lift up the top heatsink you can normally see the motherboard and standoff screw holes, but with this one there is a plate underneath which lifts out.
I wonder if this an extra heat dissapator for the m.2 to sit on

Soldato
its the z570s and when you lift up the top heatsink you can normally see the motherboard and standoff screw holes, but with this one there is a plate underneath which lifts out.
I wonder if this an extra heat dissapator for the m.2 to sit on

Yes it's a bottom heatsink, you should have a piece of blue film to take off it with a thermal pad under it, there's also one on the piece you'll need to put back on top, obviously you'll need a magnetic screwdriver for mounting the motherboard as the holes for the middle screw and the 2 screws over by the audio are quite deep

Last edited:
Associate
Yes it's a bottom heatsink, you should have a piece of blue film to take off it with a thermal pad under it, there's also one on the piece you'll need to put back on top, obviously you'll need a magnetic screwdriver for mounting the motherboard as the holes for the middle screw and the 2 screws over by the audio are quite deep

Thanks for the replies, that's what I thought it was but they obviously forgot to put any information about it in the manual

Soldato
You don't need dual bios anymore now that you can flash the bios without so much as a CPU in it.

I just brought the 570S and regretting it already, the LAN port isn't working, it's an Intel 1225-v and searching the internet trying to fix it, people are having endless issues with it on various boards, I brought the board for the 4th m.2 slot, be aware though that if you use all 4 m.2 slots you lose 2 SATA ports and the bottom pci-e x16 (x4) slot.

Love the newer design though and as others have said, it's fanless, I've not seen the chipset go over 60oC yet under intel burn in test or prime yet.

Dual BIOS is not for that!

Associate
A problem I had with my x570s while dismantling it was access to the tab you push down to release the gpu with my Noctua cooler in place. I had to remove the cooler each time, I could have tried pushing it with a screwdriver but just one slip and the motherboard could be ruined. I had to put the gpu in slot no.3 while testing where there was room to reach it or is there some trick I have missed

Associate
A problem I had with my x570s while dismantling it was access to the tab you push down to release the gpu with my Noctua cooler in place. I had to remove the cooler each time, I could have tried pushing it with a screwdriver but just one slip and the motherboard could be ruined. I had to put the gpu in slot no.3 while testing where there was room to reach it or is there some trick I have missed

I had same problem about gpu tab before I changed from air cooler to AIO, not recommend to use screwdriver in case of hitting the MB. So far I find passport or thin hardcover book are best to push the tab.

Seem GA have a bad batch this time, I almost bought this board if I didn't find the msi one is coming.

Soldato

Built mine into a lian li 011 dynamic mini with a vertical GPU mount, that way all the pci-e x16 slot has in it is a cable, it's fairly easy to get to the tab to remove it.

Something that does bother me, especially with the size of the bios chip is there is no bios fan control "Smart Fan", there is on the original master, and I dont want to install the rubbish software control of theirs, id rather have bios level control.

Last edited:
Associate
I have the X570 Master but go for the 570S which is clearly an improved version - It's barely a £30-40 difference the last time I've checked..

Soldato
I have the X570 Master but go for the 570S which is clearly an improved version - It's barely a £30-40 difference the last time I've checked..

Yeah now ive got past the woes, its not a bad board, im using the Active OC thing, my 5800X will do 4.7ghz all day long at 1.337v, however you need to set up a custom PState, mine for instance is 4700 and vid is at 24 giving me the 1.35-1.38v I need to maintain the voltage for the overclock, the lower the number vid, the more voltage you get, the higher the number, the less voltage, you then need to disable AMD cool and quite in order for PBO and the overclock to work together, this way when PBO wants to boost upto 5ghz, it will give it all the voltage it wants (upto 1.5v) but when your manual overclock kicks in, (I have mine to kick in at 35amps) it will only pull the voltage you have set in the custom PState, leave the normal bios voltage for CPU on auto, set ram volatge and SOC voltage to what you need.

Aside from that, aesthetics are nicer, you get better wifi and 4 m.2 slots, nothing else has change really minus the obvious removal of the chipset fan, which I never heard before anyway.

Finally found the fan control in the bios, it appears its a completely different part of the bios chip itself, id imagine a different partition, ive set up different fan curves for my Lian Li Uni fans and saved them to the bios, I was greeted by a message stating that even if I flash to a newer bios version, my fan curves would not be affected and remain in tact.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah now ive got past the woes, its not a bad board, im using the Active OC thing, my 5800X will do 4.7ghz all day long at 1.337v, however you need to set up a custom PState, mine for instance is 4700 and vid is at 24 giving me the 1.35-1.38v I need to maintain the voltage for the overclock, the lower the number vid, the more voltage you get, the higher the number, the less voltage, you then need to disable AMD cool and quite in order for PBO and the overclock to work together, this way when PBO wants to boost upto 5ghz, it will give it all the voltage it wants (upto 1.5v) but when your manual overclock kicks in, (I have mine to kick in at 35amps) it will only pull the voltage you have set in the custom PState, leave the normal bios voltage for CPU on auto, set ram volatge and SOC voltage to what you need.

Aside from that, aesthetics are nicer, you get better wifi and 4 m.2 slots, nothing else has change really minus the obvious removal of the chipset fan, which I never heard before anyway.

Finally found the fan control in the bios, it appears its a completely different part of the bios chip itself, id imagine a different partition, ive set up different fan curves for my Lian Li Uni fans and saved them to the bios, I was greeted by a message stating that even if I flash to a newer bios version, my fan curves would not be affected and remain in tact.

Good to hear it is working all out for you now!

Back
Top Bottom