• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA step up

Associate
Just a heads up for any you guys doing the EVGA step up parcels being shipoed to germany can take up to three weeks to clear customs

Sent my 2080ti for step up on the 3/06/21 only just been received today 22/06/21 three of those days in uk 2 days shipping the rest the german round about

Been a long time waiting for the 3090 step up almost 6 months mind u in 2019 it took 4 months to step from 2080 to 2080ti so not that bad considering covid scalpers and bot attacks

Associate
OP
Never knew that but previous step ups have always shipped from germany also i rmaed a 2080ti last year that also shipped from germany.

I remember when u could ship to the uk address turn around was so quick.

well thankfully we dont have to ship to Taiwan.

Might have to start looking at gigabyte cards in future but i do love the step up option allows you to play with more kit and not loose out money wise as step up always been cheaper than retail outlets

Last edited:
Associate
Hi mate, sorry to rez an old thread, but my step up (2060s on its way to EVGA) arrived at German customs yesterday. Currently undergoing non EU checks.

I'm ok to wait, no desperate rush, but I've read about cards being returned to senders because of custome duty being due.

My package clearly states its an RMA/return of goods etc along with the customs declaration, and evga label - but could you give me a heads up on how you sent yours in case I need tonre send?
Did you declare the value of the card on the package etc

Thanks!

Soldato
I've heard it's now a nightmare to rma cards to EVGA I have seen many stories on their forum and it's due to brexit making it harder to send stuff out of the country, I'm gutted as I normally buy EVGA but their products are not as good as they used to be.

Associate
Loads of stories on their forums about step up and rma issues taking ages. All seems to get cleared up in the end but brexit has caused problems.

Glad I got my Evga 3080 from the rainforest so I can deal with them if there is an issue.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
It states on the current tracking update:

"Non-EU item - preliminary import check"

How is that EVGA's fault?

its not but if you haven't noticed, global pandemics screwed most ports up, just look at the port of LA with some half a MILLION containers sat out on ships due to shortages of drivers and what not due to covid.

yes there would be a extra step due to brexit but im just saying too many companies wave it about rather than explaining the issues fully, because its easier. same thing with amd and its "cant ship to the uk due to brexit" no you can ship to the uk it just takes a extra step or two you arnt prepared to do.

Associate
I've heard it's now a nightmare to rma cards to EVGA I have seen many stories on their forum and it's due to brexit making it harder to send stuff out of the country, I'm gutted as I normally buy EVGA but their products are not as good as they used to be.

I always used to buy EVGA stuff - but the last RMA I had to do was a nightmare in the end I wrote the card off. Wouldnt touch them anymore now the EU supports gone. You could justify the price back in the day great quality great support.

Associate
Just a heads up for any you guys doing the EVGA step up parcels being shipoed to germany can take up to three weeks to clear customs

Sent my 2080ti for step up on the 3/06/21 only just been received today 22/06/21 three of those days in uk 2 days shipping the rest the german round about

Been a long time waiting for the 3090 step up almost 6 months mind u in 2019 it took 4 months to step from 2080 to 2080ti so not that bad considering covid scalpers and bot attacks

Any advice for my question above? Just in case my step up gets punted back by German customs...

:)

Soldato

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterra...ee_month_old_3080_ti_fan_let_me_sing_you_the/

More examples of FTW3 cards at their best.. This Gen for EVGA must be a nightmare with all the different issues they have with these FTW3 model cards. Lost count at all the different issues these cards have.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I've had zero issues RMA's my 2080Ti KPE that popped a few months ago, two week turn around end to end.

Still impressed with the EVGA service.

Associate
Thanks guys. I'm not in any rush for the step up, plenty on the go to keep me busy in the meantime. Was just a bit concerned that it would get sent back to me from German customs due to some new Brexit rule I didn't know about.
Declared the card value on the customs note and stated "Return of goods". Hopefully thats enough

Associate
Ok, I really am going to stop checking it now...EVGA said they are going to provide the required paperwork when DHL ask for it.
Current status says there is a fee due (Germany) It's only been 10 days since I sent it

Chase EVGA honestly - If you won't it will take a while to be pushed through!

Soldato
I've recently returned my EVGA GPU and there was a bit of a faff on arrival at Germany, it went through customs quite quickly but it took ages to reach EVGA from customs. I chased them which seemed to get it moving again.

My replacement GPU is now at UK customs and there is a £82 import fee (suggesting a £400 value) even though I haven't "bought anything"??!

Back
Top Bottom