Tory MP Sir David Amess murdered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
one can only assume that their views were aligned.

That assumption should be an expectation, one that was made at the polling booth. You are letting your personal political views dominate the story and highly risking this thread being locked again, please tone it down. This thread is about a man, a man who has served his (and my) community for decades, being killed with no chance to defend himself. Please tone it down as it is insensitive. If you have a problem with the political direction of this country then please move it to another thread (and keep it unrelated to David's murder), write to your MP, work for another political party or even start your own.

Soldato
As I stated earlier in the thread at this stage we will have no idea towards the motive or why he was specifically targeted. It could be political (likely) or personal.
obviously not true now with this mornings articles on terrorist links .. recommendation for prevent course (r4@7am)

Soldato
His voting record affected me negatively, but I don’t for one second even want to bring that up as it has no relevance in my eyes to this shocking act of barbaric violence, and this thread is just a disgrace.
It has probably an equal amount of relevance to platitudes about his good points, really.

Which is to say, both have merit in discussing someone's legacy, but neither make a murder any more or less terrible.

Caporegime
That assumption should be an expectation, one that was made at the polling booth. You are letting your personal political views dominate the story and highly risking this thread being locked again, please tone it down. This thread is about a man, a man who has served his (and my) community for decades, being killed with no chance to defend himself. Please tone it down as it is insensitive. If you have a problem with the political direction of this country then please move it to another thread (and keep it unrelated to David's murder), write to your MP, work for another political party or even start your own.

No, I've posted nothing but facts based on his publicly available voting record.
An MP does not have to vote as the party dictates, as I've already said we've seen Tory MPs speak out against their party where they do not agree.

Caporegime
Bingo. In fact, I've not once seen someone commend his death in this thread.

Fair amount of victim blaming going on though.

Almost like people are trying to justify it because he became an elected official and decided to vote from his moral compass.

Meanwhile in Somalia

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) persons in Somalia face legal challenges not experienced by non-LGBT residents. Being LGBT is highly illegal in Somalia;[2] same-sex sexual activity is punishable by up to death in areas controlled by Al-Shabab as well as in Jubaland.[3] LGBT persons are regularly prosecuted by the government[4] and additionally face stigmatization among the broader population.

Caporegime
Fair amount of victim blaming going on though.

Almost like people are trying to justify it because he became an elected official and decided to vote from his moral compass.

Meanwhile in Somalia

There's no victim blaming at all. Understanding potential motives isn't saying its OK to do x y or z.

Also don't think it's in dispute that Somalia is a socially and legally backwards crap hole.

Caporegime
Also don't think it's in dispute that Somalia is a socially and legally backwards crap hole.

Importing their generally violent culture has enriched the UK though, anyone who says otherwise is a racist.

Not all Somali's are bad people of course but a more tightly controlled immigration system is all most (racist of course) people want.

Soldato
Says it all, the sheer lack of respect speaks volume of your character. It must be pretty sad to have such a lack of apathy.

I think you mean empathy. Either way its symptomatic of political discourse today no-one is allowed to have an opinion that differs from politically correct orthodoxy if you do you're hounded out of your job or "cancelled" and automatically labelled as "tory scum", you're tagged as evil as if you're on the same level as people who kill those not conforming to sharia law, etc. Its a sad indictment of just how dangerously polarised today's society and its true what they say free speech really is in jeopardy.

Caporegime
Importing their generally violent culture has enriched the UK though, anyone who says otherwise is a racist.

Not all Somali's are bad people of course but a more tightly controlled immigration system is all most (racist of course) people want.

In the nationality thread, it was said that you are the nation you feel.

It appears that although he was born in the uk he chose to channel the nationality of a Somalian terrorist pirate.

Very sad indeed.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Home-grown and raised. Looking at where he grew up and was raised however his was a reaction to the mass importation of other cultures.
So immigration is responsible for Jo Cox's murder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom