Tory MP Sir David Amess murdered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Cant you mugs just dig up the last benefit/immigration thread for all your answers....?

Regardless of what you think I've spoken to plenty of immigrants in Sweden, who's ultimate goal was to get to live in the UK. Obviously now its a lot harder to move from the EU to the UK so it looks like they are just piling in boats now.

I don't think its the unlimited benefits that attracts them, more the fact we speak English and "Manchester United"
These 3rd world dudes grow up with the BBC and learning that the UK is a fair and lawful country.
:p misguided fools.

You are wrong there.
Do you remember the protest a few months ago from them?
They was shouting "give us money and give us a house" "and let us free"

Caporegime
None, because you moved to a country that doesn't provide one.

I'm talking about a scenario where we have a benefit system in place, and the proposal was to change it so only people born here can use it.

What happens to those that aren't native to the county but worked here for 2 decades?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
My parents weren't born here, but have paid their taxes here for 40-50 years. Would it be fair if they were denied government benefits if they hit a hard patch during their lives here?

Caporegime
Easy fix: make all U.K. benefits strictly for people born in the U.K.

Trying to deny benefits to people not born here is bizarre, people who are immigrants have not had 20 years of free education, healthcare, subsidised university etc.

We get effectively get a productive worker for no capital cost.

Soldato
My parents weren't born here, but have paid their taxes here for 40-50 years. Would it be fair if they were denied government benefits if they hit a hard patch during their lives here?

On the flip side.

Do you think that a family that has been here since paying tax first started.
Should be getting better tax breaks since they have paid in far more?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
On the flip side.

Do you think that a family that has been here since paying tax first started.
Should be getting better tax breaks since they have paid in far more?
In my opinion, no. Do you think a 20yr old should get less breaks than a 60yr old?

Caporegime
If you're not a productive worker you don't qualify for benefits like the state pension.

There are many other benefits you do qualify for.

I work closely with a lot of German, Belgian and Dutch professionals. They find our benefit system hilarious. It's a frequent joke when they make a mistake on something that they're going to quit and move to the UK as we reward failure and fecklessness.

To be fair to them, they don't often make mistakes!

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I know a number of kurdish who came here for the ease of life, not specifically monetary benefits but more the citizenship. They spent years travelling through Europe with their children just to get here and provide a better life for their kids. They are productive workers, doing hard jobs and long hours.

Soldato
As I stated earlier in the thread at this stage we will have no idea towards the motive or why he was specifically targeted. It could be political (likely) or personal.

Amess was not a stand out MP on a national scale. That wasn't his interest. Fortunately the media have picked up on how highly integrated he was with the local community and in that respect, whoever comes in next has big shoes to fill. But you seem to see fit to pull apart his voting record at this time. Your interests are politically motivated and it is in poor taste at this time.

Unfortunately when someone is an active member of a government and has not been seen to be questioning their actions one can only assume that their views were aligned. Also note I've critiqued his personal votes, not just the government's.
We have seen Tory mps speak out against the actions of the Tory government.

One should extend that assumption to the population who vote for that representative, it is no surprise that they support the broad views of that party. Your beef should be with the people of Southend and every other conservative voting constituency, as it is no surprise that a conservative MP will broadly vote for policies put forward by a conservative government. You only get so many opportunities to vote against your party before you are shown the door.

Caporegime
I know a number of kurdish who came here for the ease of life, not specifically monetary benefits but more the citizenship. They spent years travelling through Europe with their children just to get here and provide a better life for their kids. They are productive workers, doing hard jobs and long hours.

Thats how it start, come here, easy admittance , easy life, have a large family, plenty of benefits and then start terrorising the local population who have been persuaded that its just cultural differences and that its theor own fault for not providing even more opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom