Razer Nommo Pro or something else?

Caporegime
Hi guys,

I'm currently in the middle of buying another house, so I'm trying to plan out the equipment that I take with me and the equipment that I want to upgrade etc for my new games room.

I finally upgraded my PC360's to some DT1990's that arrive tomorrow, which got me looking at my speaker set up to plan ahead.

I've got a Creative Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition "Sound card" that's currently plugged into a Sony SRS-X9 speaker (This is due to space issues on the current desk when I swapped the games room round in lockdown so my girlfriend had a gaming set up too).

Once I move I won't be using the Sony SRS-X9 for my PC, as frankly it's not cut out for that type of use and it'll be moved to a more appropriate set up.

I own the following PC Speakers ; Corsair SP2500 and the Acoustic Enegery Aego M 2.1's. These are both currently servicing TV's, but once we move they won't be as I've bought some Harman Kardon sound bars to replace.

Now, both the SP2500's and Aego M 2.1's were very good in their day, however the Corsair's are about a decade old and the Aego's aren't any younger.

How much has audio moved on from these two sets, are any of them worth keeping to move back onto my PC set up when I move, or should they be retired? The set I'm looking at is the Razer Nommo Pro as the reviews are quite positive, but they're obviously quite a lot of money.

I just want something to sit on the desk either side of my monitor (A 34" ultrawide).

They'll be used for gaming/music/film & TV use, however mainly gaming.

If there's any other suggestions, even smaller bookshelf speakers that'd be good, however I am thinking I do want a sub which becomes more troublesome and cost.

I used to use some Monitor Audio B2X's with a Marantz amp and found that to be a good set up but they'll be moved onto a projector set up.

Budget is basically around £450 as I can't really stomach anymore lol.

Cheers.

Caporegime
OP
Did u get these in the end ? Just replaced my Z5500 with these and they are amazing

I haven't yet.
I've been given a date on moving, so I'd be looking at buying something in November (But that all depends on how much money I'm left with)

Ended up buying a Hisense 88" laser TV, so this upgrade might be put on the back burner.

Associate
Wow an 88 and here's me with a 55 oled. What's it like for games? Just watched some utube of the short throw looks amazing and affordable.

Got my nommos off the bay half price brand new just open box and wow games just have come alive again, I Thought the z5500 where great for gaming but these are next level just a shame there priced so high razer would have sold more at £250

Back
Top Bottom