Pcie soundcard won't won't fit into slot because of case

Associate
I've got a new Asus Xonar PCIE sound card today and went.to fit it, but I can't get the card in the PCIE slot because of the back plate. I've attached two photos - one where you can see the back plate of the card is snug with the case as I'd expect to screw it, and another where you can (poorly) see the card isn't actually in the PCIE slot at all. It's as if the board is too low or something, but my GPU doesn't have this issue and fits perfectly.

Soldato
Without graphics card being correctly in its slow would say that standoffs behind mobo aren't correct.
(but that should also misposition rear IO)
Now conclusion is toward something being wrong in that back plate/bracket of sound card.

Lovely how Asus uses USB sound chip in internal sound cards...

Associate
OP
Without graphics card being correctly in its slow would say that standoffs behind mobo aren't correct.
(but that should also misposition rear IO)
Now conclusion is toward something being wrong in that back plate/bracket of sound card.

Lovely how Asus uses USB sound chip in internal sound cards...
So as it happens, it was nothing a little more brute force at the right angle didn't solve :rolleyes: it's now in, albeit pretty tight. I was just struggling to get it snug with the case slots and also go into the PCIE slot, I'm wondering if maybe the angled piece of the bracket was slightly bent or something? No idea - but it's in and working! Feel a bit daft now...

Soldato
On the second pic it looks like the sound card is being stopped by the retaining screw in the slot below.

Would suggest next time removing the surrounding cover plates, get everything installed and lined up and then screw them back in.

Soldato
I'm wondering if maybe the angled piece of the bracket was slightly bent or something?
That would show clearly.
I've seen it couple times during the years.

Put that other end of backplate/bracket going past the board and usually into kind slot in case could have been the cause.

On the second pic it looks like the sound card is being stopped by the retaining screw in the slot below.
With slot in other side empty, there's more than plenty of room to wiggle around edge of screw head.

Back
Top Bottom