Official FIFA 22 Thread

Soldato
Can someone explain to me why Fifa runs at different speeds when playing different opponents? I feel there is a normal speed which is fine. (I think this is also noticeable playing solo on Squad Battles)

Sometimes it feels like the game is running very slow and then sometimes it feels like the game is running at 1000mph.... (not lag or delay)

Also has anyone got it when trying to tackle ball the whole game stutters briefly (graphical defect) this is on PS5.

Soldato
I think the patches have improved the game somewhat, went 12-4 this weekend and just smashed through qualifying for the next one.

Finishing in the box is a lot more viable, especially if you hit them hard / time them, and the finesse meta has died off a bit.

Still work to be done, still seeing far too much drop back / counter attack play, and that corner glitch needs to get fixed fast.

Don
I just cannot play this game, the opposition just run rings around me, I don't know if the patch has changed it or players have just got better but I really enjoyed it last weekend.

I’ve never really experienced button delay but its terrible at the moment, never had it on a Sunday in WL. Not sure if it’s a PS5 thing.

Permabanned
Is there some kind of lag cheat, before I rage uninstalled I had a game, 2- 0 up, second half starts lagging, going really slow, can do anything, assume the other person cant either, after a few minutes ultra slow Mo, it goes mega speed and the other player has scored 4 goals.....

Soldato
I just cannot play this game, the opposition just run rings around me, I don't know if the patch has changed it or players have just got better but I really enjoyed it last weekend.

I’ve never really experienced button delay but its terrible at the moment, never had it on a Sunday in WL. Not sure if it’s a PS5 thing.
A lot worst today compared to last WL. Everything feels so heavy and players taking extra touch while opponent just R1 dribbles arounds me.
Need 2 wins out of 5 to secure Rank 2 this week.

Caporegime
Post your squad and tactics mate. There’s a few things we’ll be able to suggest.
I was trying to play a slow passing game but I'm not good enough to overcome the button/server delay and AI blocks, which are absolutely criminal this year, so too many passes were being intercepted.

I've now gone full kamikaze and will try and brute force my way through teams. Everyone but the LB and LCB are untradeable, fullbacks are on join the attack and overlap, all three midfielders are on stay back while attacking, the wingers are on get in behind and cut inside and the striker's on stay central.

Got promoted to Division 6 by accident earlier and I'm nearly in Division 5 now so it seems to be working against a similar level of opponent. Offside trap has dealt with through baller spammers quite well but better players will no doubt rip me to pieces.

I'm yet to face a single opponent in Rivals that's anywhere near the level of opponent I regularly face in Friendlies though, not sure I believe EA when they say match making's based on skill rating.

Last edited:
Associate
Started a little late on my fifa grind. Can some please explain to me what the hell is going on with rivals, qualifiers and then weekend league?

also the market is stupidly low. You can try most players for cheap. I got 88 muller in form in a pack and he is going for 18k.

Don
what camera settings you using for tele or is it tele broadcast you using? i cant decide whats best

Tele broadcast I was trying. Problem is I’m useless at looking at the minimap to see runs hence why coop was ideal. I suspect I’ll go on a rubbish run a change back.
I’ve nearly got enough money for Mbappe and Neymar with the pulls I’ve had.

Caporegime
Well, yesterday was fun, sold Di Natale after FUT champs as his price had risen. Did the SBC that came out at 6 and packed Abedi Pele from the rare electrum pack...

Now sat on 2 million coins, think I'll just hold until I can get the PSG trio. I've been using the loan Mbappe in friendlies and 5* skill moves are definitely still a benefit despite not being as overpowered as last year. He's still got those glitchy animations where he comes out with the ball as well.

Don
Well, yesterday was fun, sold Di Natale after FUT champs as his price had risen. Did the SBC that came out at 6 and packed Abedi Pele from the rare electrum pack...

Now sat on 2 million coins, think I'll just hold until I can get the PSG trio. I've been using the loan Mbappe in friendlies and 5* skill moves are definitely still a benefit despite not being as overpowered as last year. He's still got those glitchy animations where he comes out with the ball as well.

When I can afford I’ll just get them now, like I do every Fifa I just use them until end game so no point me waiting. I don’t really do the SBS’s and don’t ever find a 92 Mbappe is different to a 91 for example so I’m never drawn in. I have Di Maria un tradeable so he can be the trio for now :D

Don
Agreed, it's only really the TOTY/TOTS cards for them that are noticeable upgrades but then you're talking like 2-6 million coins each...

I might do the same with Di Maria, for now, he seems decent when I've come up against him.

Annoying thing is I’m most comfortable with 433, if I can get Mbop and Neymar then it would be better with two up front. Either would be wasted on the wing

Back
Top Bottom