• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
It would be if they where just cancelling orders but it’s because the card has been discontinued and replaced with the LHR version yes it sucks and has made people angry but can’t do anything about it
But the LHR version is exactly the same thing.

It's almost like if you ordered a car that was advertised as can go up to 210MPH and then when it arrived they said this is completely different car as it goes 209MPH, so if you still want it you have to pay us more money

Associate
But the LHR version is exactly the same thing.

It's almost like if you ordered a car that was advertised as can go up to 210MPH and then when it arrived they said this is completely different car as it goes 209MPH, so if you still want it you have to pay us more money
Ye I know like I said I agree with you that it sucks but nothing we can do about it tbh the whole 30seires release has been a shambles

Associate
Not really on topic but not sure where to ask. So my Ventus 2x 3070 I got from OCUK had some sort of fan issue from when I received it, but it’s got to the point where I want to get it fixed. It almost buzzes between 65%-95% rpm. I don’t want to return it because the chip in the card itself is very good. Can OCUK fix it?

OcUK Staff
Great and now they need to do that for everyone else who is still in the queue

As already posted, these cards are now EOL.
Free upgrades to LHR now won't be happening, that was something we did to try and help customers out but is not something we have to do and not something we can sustain, plus the fact LHR volumes are terrible so its not possible.

People willing to leave their money with us is their own decision, the option for a refund has been available since week one of ordering and for the last three months plus we have advised people request a refund and cancel their order or change to an alternative card and pay the difference or take a partial refund.

So to make it clear people won't be getting 3080's, you need to either request a refund or change to a different card.

Associate
As already posted, these cards are now EOL.
Free upgrades to LHR now won't be happening, that was something we did to try and help customers out but is not something we have to do and not something we can sustain, plus the fact LHR volumes are terrible so its not possible.

People willing to leave their money with us is their own decision, the option for a refund has been available since week one of ordering and for the last three months plus we have advised people request a refund and cancel their order or change to an alternative card and pay the difference or take a partial refund.

So to make it clear people won't be getting 3080's, you need to either request a refund or change to a different card.

Thanks for the efforts - got to 75 in the queue for the 3080 TUF OC and took your advice: changed to Palit 3080 for £150 extra. Which is better than i could hope for anywhere else.

Appreciate you guys trying to look after customers and sympathise the suppliers left you guys out to hang.

Arrives tomorrow - AMPED!

OcUK Staff
Thanks for the efforts - got to 75 in the queue for the 3080 TUF OC and took your advice: changed to Palit 3080 for £150 extra. Which is better than i could hope for anywhere else.

Appreciate you guys trying to look after customers and sympathise the suppliers left you guys out to hang.

Arrives tomorrow - AMPED!

I don't think its the suppliers so much, I just think the raw cost has truly gone up so much. Of course suppliers are making healthier margin, but I can never blame them for that in normal times they make very little and if times are hard they make a loss, so of course they will make more now as its a balancing act.

The 6600 launched last week and I had a massive argument with a board partner as to why my cost was above the MSRP to be simply told to sell to me at a price that allows me to hit MSRP results in them loosing money.

The facts are we have manufacturers setting unrealistic MSRP that only said manufacturer can actually hit, but because its so low they never ship any volume and instead ship product to AIB instead but what it cost an AIB to build and ship a card means they cannot even get close to MSRP at cost let alone turning a profit.

MSRP's are set way too aggressive to the point they are impossible, then factor in the crazy world shortages and exploding shipping cost we are where we are and on top of it all supply is absolutely terrible due to demand been so stupidly crazy across all sectors.

Everything is effected, I ordered so metal sheeting for a garage project, was promised end of September delivery, now been told might be November. Whole industry is getting screwed and prices are rocketing.

Soldato
I don't think its the suppliers so much, I just think the raw cost has truly gone up so much. Of course suppliers are making healthier margin, but I can never blame them for that in normal times they make very little and if times are hard they make a loss, so of course they will make more now as its a balancing act.

The 6600 launched last week and I had a massive argument with a board partner as to why my cost was above the MSRP to be simply told to sell to me at a price that allows me to hit MSRP results in them loosing money.

The facts are we have manufacturers setting unrealistic MSRP that only said manufacturer can actually hit, but because its so low they never ship any volume and instead ship product to AIB instead but what it cost an AIB to build and ship a card means they cannot even get close to MSRP at cost let alone turning a profit.

MSRP's are set way too aggressive to the point they are impossible, then factor in the crazy world shortages and exploding shipping cost we are where we are and on top of it all supply is absolutely terrible due to demand been so stupidly crazy across all sectors.

Everything is effected, I ordered so metal sheeting for a garage project, was promised end of September delivery, now been told might be November. Whole industry is getting screwed and prices are rocketing.
I think the AIBs are pulling a fast one, they say to you they are barely making a profit yet look at their last few quarterly financials.

This only goes to Q1 before they really started to crank up prices yet the gains are huge.

Screenshot-173.png

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
I think the AIBs are pulling a fast one, they say to you they are barely making a profit yet look at their last few quarterly financials.

This only goes to Q1 before they really started to crank up prices yet the gains are huge.

Screenshot-173.png

Margins are up across the board and Asus don't just sell GPU, they sell everything and as such have very strong margins and always have done, but all companies which are surviving the pandemic are generally making more profit whilst doing so due to shortages as in time of shortage the simple facts apply, supply and demand, lack of supply and big demand means high margins and always have done. The difference is this shortage is one of the longest lasting if not longest ever and is nowhere near done yet.

Soldato
Margins are up across the board and Asus don't just sell GPU, they sell everything and as such have very strong margins and always have done, but all companies which are surviving the pandemic are generally making more profit whilst doing so due to shortages as in time of shortage the simple facts apply, supply and demand, lack of supply and big demand means high margins and always have done. The difference is this shortage is one of the longest lasting if not longest ever and is nowhere near done yet.

Capitalism 101 , survive or die!

Back
Top Bottom