Beers of the World - Mk 5 *** RULES AND SIGNUP HERE ***

Soldato
Really struggling with X-rated! Probably end up stretching the definition!

Think I’m going to be out that round. The best I can come up with is something like Dizzy Blond with the woman on the front with her wabs half out.
I guess they’re fighting the PC brigade.

Can we get a definition of X rated? Is a swear word sufficient for example?

Had my welsh beer tonight. It was bloody brilliant.
Was the only thing I had available to watch the football. Although not sure a 10% beer is suitable for a Wednesday!

Soldato
OP
Can we get a definition of X rated? Is a swear word sufficient for example?

Yes, also imagery in the can /bottle, lewd suggestions but I draw the line at local colloquialisms as they can be too obscure. I think this came up before and it was debated by a lot of people (mass-debated if you will).

Not sure where we stand on revealing names and images, might have to put them in a spoiler but am sure a friendly local mod can guide us there.

Soldato
Round Y is in.

I've not actually sourced my Z beer yet. Given i've firmly cemented last place (You've even removed @Lysander from the league table so i can't claim to have beaten him anymore!) i'm not sure it matters!

This round always brings back bad memories from the year i was leading for almost all the competition, then sourced a Sri Lankan lager called Lion as my crowning glory as it's what i drank on my honeymoon, only for someone else to submit it and allow @Jokester to pip me at the end!

Soldato
OP
Round Y is in.

I've not actually sourced my Z beer yet. Given i've firmly cemented last place (You've even removed @Lysander from the league table so i can't claim to have beaten him anymore!) i'm not sure it matters!

Thats only because I missed him off when copying the table over and I was too lazy to change it. He'll be back on next week so you don't have to finish last. We can leave that to @Feek.
I was expecting a late surge from @Ahleckz with his Jester to make it more interesting at the top but when I saw which beer he entered, I couldn't help but laugh.

Don
This round always brings back bad memories from the year i was leading for almost all the competition, then sourced a Sri Lankan lager called Lion as my crowning glory as it's what i drank on my honeymoon, only for someone else to submit it and allow @Jokester to pip me at the end!
:o

I had to retire from international beer drinking after that one I think. Competing at such at a high level for years took a toll on my body.

Soldato
I have also updated my entry for round Z - not that it will much difference to my place on the leaderboard :cry:

As this is the last round I would just like to add many thanks to @Bickaxe for organising another fantastic beer competiton :cool:

Agreed, it's well received and it's been a lot of fun again. I'd be happy to bundle some beer tokens to order something from Beerhawk etc as a thank you :)

The other night i was trying to think of alternate methods for rounds. Whether something like a tour of the UK would be fun with one being a Manchester beer, or a London beer etc. There's so much choice around that i've actually been surprised how many duplicates there's been. Mainly for me i think :(

Back
Top Bottom