The Batman (Matt Reeves)

Soldato
Hmm trailer a bit of a mess but hope it's good.

Hmmmmm, not bad. I really liked the last visual of Batman walking through the flames, that looked pretty cool but the one shot of Bruce Wayne at 1:04 makes him look mentally "worn down" (and therefore much older) than I would expect of the character. Still, looks promising.

Still think I'd rather have had a Batfleck movie.

Not feeling it at all, I love me some batman but something is just off about that trailer. I can't quite put my finger on why, it might be that im getting knock off Nolan's dark knight mixed with Snyders batman.

How many villains did we see in that trailer? Riddler, penguin, joker henchmen, 2face, Catwoman.. it's going to be a mess

The Penguin he’s in only “five or six” scenes in the film

Was thinking the same thing, we seen in countless other movies, if you overload antagonists it generally doesnt work well and detracts from the storytelling if they arent careful.

This movie looks good but likewise i would prefer to see a BatFleck Movie any day. How many reboots have we had now its a complete mess.

Remember when everyone was saying that Afleck killed the Daredevil and hated to think about the mess he would make of Batman..

The fact they are simultaneously running two very disparate cinematic universes in parallel and various TV shows in parallel too is becoming an issue.

We have.

MRs 'The Batman' darkverse/universe which feels very gritty, realistic and from the trailer and info so far rather depressing and almost aligned to TPs 'Joker'. Whilst Joker was a good performance and technically a very cleverly shot movie, it was not enjoyable at all. CNs Dark Knight trilogy universe was realistically grounded rather than fantasy based but still felt lighter and more entertaining.

JWs / ZSs DC Justice League Universe / Multiverse has the full fantasy super hero content of the comics and forerunners (BvsS, MoS etc). Even TBs Batman / Batman Retuns era had the fantasy elements. This all aligns to the Flashpoint universe and includes the CW tv shows where there was the Ezra Millers Flash crossover with Grant Gustins Flash, thus also linking Lucifer into the DC Multiverse/Universe.

The plethora of CW/Netflix DC series do as above appear to have been tied into the wider JW/ZS Multiverse / Universe.

Netflix's Titans universe has the fantasy and superhero content but so far still seems standalone.

Gotham which actually seems like it could tie into 'The Batman' more than the others was still standalone imo.

Stargirl to-date seems standalone albeit lighthearted.

All of the above have varying tones and themes and varying degrees of disparate continuities.

In contrast, Marvel has one principal multiverse running that is progressing continuity between tv series and movies, even drawing in the sony/fox content like the original spiderman films and now venom. On the whole the tone of these is broadly consistent.

Soldato
Hmmmmm, not bad. I really liked the last visual of Batman walking through the flames, that looked pretty cool but the one shot of Bruce Wayne at 1:04 makes him look mentally "worn down" (and therefore much older) than I would expect of the character. Still, looks promising.

Sort of ties into what i've read here.

That featurette is now online and can be seen below. Reeves discussed this version of the Bruce Wayne character in the interview, calling him effectively comparing him to a “recluse rockstar in a decaying manor”.

Pattinson meanwhile talked about his approach to the character who is still early in his career as Batman and hasn’t learnt to control his emotions as well as he should:

“He doesn’t have as much control over his personality. The delineation between when he’s Batman and when he’s Bruce is not so clear. In other iterations, he really knows what he’s doing when he’s putting on the cowl.​

I kind of really liked this idea: it’s a little bit out of control. He hasn’t completely defined what Batman is. He gets lost in it. Whenever he’s putting it on every night, he’s basically not sleeping and becoming this quite sort of odd creature.”​

https://www.darkhorizons.com/the-batman-featurette-character-talk/

Caporegime
You can see the element of shock on Selina’s face when Batman can’t control himself in the trailer, I think Batman here will be a little bit in need of therapy. And a lot of it.

Soldato
If nothing else it looks like we are finally getting a Catwoman that resembles the comics. Only took 20+ years.
It looks pretty good, trailer is terribly put together but im sure were get a few more before the movies release next year.

Don
The fact they are simultaneously running two very disparate cinematic universes in parallel and various TV shows in parallel too is becoming an issue.

Stargirl to-date seems standalone albeit lighthearted.

The last episodes of S2 of Stargirl has a very clear crossover with the CW Flash / multiverse with the appearance of Jay / original Flash

As for The Batman, it's a funny piece of trivia that Zoe Kravitz played Cat Woman in Lego Batman too :D

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I have no idea what is going on, but i always find Batman rather boring tbh unless its the Kapowwww whack Batman.

Associate
Looks like it's one of those films that will be 2 hours of barely making out what's going on in the darkness while your ears are assaulted with 200db explosions.

Caporegime
seems weird to remake/reboot a film that had a near perfect trilogy with special effects that still hold up in 2021

I guess they need to cash in on superheroes before it's too late

Back
Top Bottom