Help! Returned from Provence Holiday Home with native bug...

Soldato
Just returned from our holiday home in Provence (where, fyi, the only acceptable form of double vaccination proof was a "yes" or "no" response to the question "Have you been vaccinated"), and unpacked to discover a bug had come back with us in our luggage.

Shield bug, or Rhaphigaster nebulosa if you will, was ready for action as soon as the cases were opened. Quickly added to the autumn climate of our British homes front lawn, I was quelle surprise to find him back inside this morning chilling in the bathroom.

Now, perhaps native to France yet also fully available in a variety of similar bugs in the UK forming part of the Order Hemiptera insect group, I'm wondering if it will truly survive if I eject it out into the garden.

Do I need to let someone know? I mean, he clearly only speaks French so is likely to get picked on and bullied to the point of immediate surrender if I place it outside.

Thoughts GD? Or nukefromorbit.gif ?

3GZxk77.jpg

Soldato
A scicada would be more fun .. and for a few seconds as you wake up (gras matinee) you could imagine you were still there.

Man of Honour
The poor thing will probably die here over winter. So the only responsible thing to do is fly back there and take it home.

Soldato
Maybe its an exchange student. Did you not check when you arrived to see if you'd take a British bug out there ? Phone the home and see if there's an insect eating fish&chips, drinking warm beer and flying on the left.

Soldato
There are lots of shield bugs native to the UK a recent illegal immigrant is the stink bug that emits a nasty smell if you disturb it they're unwelcome and the general rule is to squish those if you see them if its not one of those difficult to say what to do but its not going to find anything to eat in your house thats for sure.

Just returned from our holiday home in Provence (where, fyi, the only acceptable form of double vaccination proof was a "yes" or "no" response to the question "Have you been vaccinated"), and unpacked to discover a bug had come back with us in our luggage.

Shield bug, or Rhaphigaster nebulosa if you will, was ready for action as soon as the cases were opened. Quickly added to the autumn climate of our British homes front lawn, I was quelle surprise to find him back inside this morning chilling in the bathroom.

Now, perhaps native to France yet also fully available in a variety of similar bugs in the UK forming part of the Order Hemiptera insect group, I'm wondering if it will truly survive if I eject it out into the garden.

Do I need to let someone know? I mean, he clearly only speaks French so is likely to get picked on and bullied to the point of immediate surrender if I place it outside.

Thoughts GD? Or nukefromorbit.gif ?

3GZxk77.jpg
Oh he's cute!

Back
Top Bottom