Far Cry 6

Associate
My take on it is most games are not worth the original asking price, so this being £50 = no. Like most others really (CP, HZD).

However you can use tokens if you have ubisoft account, and I could get it down to £40 if I bought it through their launcher/account.

Then you have CD-keys sites which vary day to day but generally its about £41 as its so new but will drop over the weeks.

Finally you can try MM where people will sell the game code if they bought a CPU/SSD and dont want the game, generally going for £30.

For £30 the game is worth it IMO. Had quite a lot of fun so far and probably better because I have not played any of the previous versions so it doesn't feel like rinse/repeat, its totally new to me. If you have played 5,4,3 etc then its up to you.
Thanks for your opinion, mmmm i think i may wait a while before i pick this up, battlefield 2042 will keep me going for a while when its released, i also have mankind divided i havent started yet so may play that for the time being

Thanks again

Soldato
I agree the game is definitely worth some 30 euros. I paid that and I am having fun, 25 hours in (and I think I still have about 50 hours to go, this is by far the biggest Far Cry yet).

It is not as good as, say, Cyberpunk or Deus Ex Mankind Divided though. If you have DXMD unplayed then you should get on that, great game! And make sure to do its sidequests.

Soldato
So without reading the whole thread because its BIG and i cant be bothered lol is this a worthy buy? would people say its better or worse than farcry 4 and 5?

Really want a new game but dont know what to buy

Thanks
I think it’s good from what I’ve played so far. The map is huge, loads of stuff to do. The treasure hunts are my favourite so far. The weapons are pretty varied too. More so than 4 and 5. Giancarlo plays a good villain from what I’ve seen so far too. :)

Associate
Enjoying it so far maybe to much death. Had a new system for the game and it shows everything maxxed out played on a 65inch Lg oled full 120hz looks amazing.
People moaning about new weapon system just shoot them in the head.
rvFomxK.png

Last edited:

ne0

ne0

Associate
I highly recommend using the mod to remove film grain and other post processing crap, the image is way clearer and sharper.

Soldato
Well I bought this last week and have to say despite the hatred the online press and reviewers are giving it, I got exactly what I wanted which was more Farcry.
Nothing more, nothing less.

A few reviews I’ve watched and read seem to think that it should be some sort of decision based RPG game with perk trees and a character build meta. I and many others who don’t have hours and hours to sink into games appreciate the drop in / drop out nature of the Farcry game and this is no different. Visually its absolutely stunning, the gunplay is as good as ever and everything feels great with M&K, however the brain dead AI could do with some work but hey ho if they want to run head on into my rifle that’s up to them.

I’m around 12 hrs in so far and loving it, just need get Chroizo unlocked tonight and I’ll be a happy dude.

Associate
Finished the game last night and can honestly say that I quite enjoyed it. The game ran pretty smooth although hitching going into some areas. I think once this game gets a few improvement updates that help it to run a bit smoother and better it will be a great stand alone game. I actually prefer it to 5 and 4 and more equal to number 3 in the series.

Associate
Thanks for your opinion, mmmm i think i may wait a while before i pick this up, battlefield 2042 will keep me going for a while when its released, i also have mankind divided i havent started yet so may play that for the time being

Thanks again

Could always sign up to U+ for £12.99 and play through it in the month.

Soldato
Is this a joke,?
Enemies wearing no armour are bullet sponges and I am very early into the game?

Pistols, rifles etc just mod them to use anti armour rounds. The other rounds are rubbish
Shotguns leave with stock round but mod the other parts
Later on you can start to get mods like extra damage while aiming, extra damage to body shots

Most pistols with anti armour round will one headshot everything in the game. Just some beefy boys later on take more shots

Headshots seem to be the way to go in this game, some enemies have a lot of body armour

ne0

ne0

Associate
I looked at this but could not figure out how to install it, care to walk me through it?
Download fc6 mod manager and the patch from same page.

Drop the patch files into the game's folder here: data_final\pc\

Download the clean view mod and extract 1 of the files into the mod folder (either sd or hd depending on which textures you're using in game)

Run the fc6 mod manager exe. (It should find your fc6 install directory).

Toggle on/off mod options.

Play the game

Pm me if need more help

Last edited:
Soldato
Download fc6 mod manager and the patch from same page.

Drop the patch files into the game's folder here: data_final\pc\

Download the clean view mod and extract 1 of the files into the mod folder (either sd or hd depending on which textures you're using in game)

Run the fc6 mod manager exe. (It should find your fc6 install directory).

Toggle on/off mod options.

Play the game

Pm me if need more help
Thanks mate will try this later.

Back
Top Bottom