Can anyone recommend a Matt white ceiling paint

Associate
Rather than start a new thread thought would ask in here.

I had the bedroom walls and ceilings replastered and have done a mist coat using Leyland Contract Matt mixed with water.

I am now looking to add my final coats to the ceiling and walls. Hearing loads of horror stories on Dulux, Valspar and few other paints from your chain DIY stores.

Can anyone please recommend something they've used recently that can give me a decent enough finish on the ceiling and walls in Brilliant White and one that I can colour mix for the rooms that require a touch of colour in the same mix?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Associate
I have always used Johnstone's.

We have a trade center not to far from us, and have always found the paint and the service excellent. Colour mixing matching available in store.

Soldato
Valspar is ok , I’ve done my bedroom in it with their top of the range Matt emulsion , I do find it chips easy when knocked though

Every wall that I’ve painted brilliant white I’ve used Dulux diamond Matt and it’s better than valspar , tough and easy to clean , it’s also easy to put on but expensive

I’ve also used Armstead trade , expensive but similar to the dulux diamond range , I only used this because dulux didn’t do a flat Diamond Matt in the dark grey I wanted , I’m happy with it and again easy to put on

Back
Top Bottom