Sending money internationally?

Soldato
Afaics coinbase pro allows you to send gbp to a bank account for free.

You'd just have to send the money to CB first from your bank.

Caporegime

Yeah, Wise is a very good solution. There are alternatives, and they can offer better rates sometimes, but I find Wise consistently good and easy to use with good rates and low fees. It's also spectacularly good if you ever want to work for someone paying in a different currency in a different country (as I currently do).

Seems like a good time for a "not sure if serious?" gif. Crypto is a terrible choice for things like this. About as bad as its possible to get.

Caporegime
I use Azimo to send money to South Africa regularly, your first two transactions will be free and after that the costs will be negligible (think it's £2.99 per thousand pounds or something).

Caporegime
I have an **** which, if you choose to use it, removes the fees on the first 500 transferred. Saving you, I dunno, a quid or two and, potentially, making me a little bit of money in the process too :D

Uh oh, you posted a referral code, I suggest you start running now while you still can :p

Thanks for quoting it, you complete donut! - EVH

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
Huh? Is that against the rules here or something?

Yeah, it tends to get a bit out of hand if left alone, with people posting everything they can. The matched betting threads and stocks and shares threads were the worst, it got really bad at one point with people only posting referral links, a bit like forum PVP :D

Associate
I've used Moneygram via the Postoffice to send cash to a friend in Russia a few times. Can't remember what the fee was, but it requires a reference number and I.D so fairly secure i guess.

Back
Top Bottom