Having a nightmare finding a replacement monitor power adapter! Tips?

Associate
Help! Just tried to order one of these as my adapter is on the blink only to get the following response from less4gadget:
"Sorry, we have received complaints about the compatibility of the power adapter you ordered.
So we closed the list."
Anyone found an alternative source?!

Soldato
Associate
Have ordered
Should be here early next month
I'll keep switching my dodgy one on and off again until it goes completely!
Will post how well it fairs on receipt.
Thanks all! :)

Soldato
Have ordered
Should be here early next month
I'll keep switching my dodgy one on and off again until it goes completely!
Will post how well it fairs on receipt.
Thanks all! :)
Sorry I couldn't find one with UK postage
Hopefully it lasts until that arrives
And yep update the thread by all means to
Say if it works ok
Obviously sometimes old threads can be useful
As this one showed :):)

Associate
Following a LOT of searching I obtained a replacement in June 2021 from this link: (https://www.lps-gopower.org/new-100...o-ls34e790cnsxy-charger-ac-adapter-103678.htm)

£32.99 inc postage and it took a week to arrive.

The image visible here shows the original power supply on the left and the new one on the right. Both are branded Samsung and carry the same model number ( A10024_EPN ) and backplate labels. They are both 22v and 4.54a. The original one is slightly smaller, has a figure-of-8 power lead and had a 3amp fuse. The replacement on the right has a kettle lead and a 10amp fuse (I'm going to swap that for a 3amp shortly). So far it's been running for half a day without issue and is completely cool to the touch.

I hope this helps someone else find a replacement power supply for their Samsung SE790C monitor.

s!AnmdAudkNTHUmfJeYftADFg_qz2VjA

Soldato
Help! Just tried to order one of these as my adapter is on the blink only ...

When you say "on the blink" what was happening to it as my monitor has started randomly powering off intermittently ?

Has anyone else has the same issue with theirs? If so did replacing the power supply fix it?

Soldato
@silvagti That is exactly what was happening to mine before I replaced the power supply (see my post immediately above yours, 23 June 2021). Three months later, the power supply I bought is still working perfectly.

Thanks for the info. Good to know the DC adaptor is the likely problem and there isn't a fault with the monitor itself as other than the random power issues it's working fine despite being 6 years old.

Last edited:
Soldato
I bought a new PSU from Amazon but it didn't work unfortunately. The DC adaptor powered on but it wouldn't power on the monitor whereas the old one worked fine (though it still cuts out intermittently every hour or two).

Delippo 22V 4.54A 100W A10024 AC Adapter for Samsung Monitor SE790C-4 S34E790C LS34E790 LS34E790CNS/EN Power Supply Charger

Might have to give that LPS-GoPower one a try but I read a few reviews for the company on TrustPilot and it doesn't make for pleasant reading or give me much confidence in them as a company!

Soldato
@silvagti That is exactly what was happening to mine before I replaced the power supply (see my post immediately above yours, 23 June 2021). Three months later, the power supply I bought is still working perfectly.

just wanted to say thanks for the lps-go power suggestion. My power supply from them arrived last week and it’s working great so far!

Associate
Add me to the list of happy purchasers of the lps-go adapter. My old one has been playing up for months with my monitor switching off randomly. Only thing that got it going again was to pull out the power lead from the adapter block and reinsert it, sometimes multiple times. Anyway, I ordered from lps-go last Thursday and the unit arrived yesterday all the way from China. Its working great so far with no issues.

Associate
just wanted to say thanks for the lps-go power suggestion. My power supply from them arrived last week and it’s working great so far!
Hello, I am in the same situation with my power adapter on my Samsung S34E790C monitor and was wondering if the "lps-go power" adapter was a good buy or not. Have you had issues with it?
Many thanks.

Back
Top Bottom