Has anyone had or know anyone who has had invisalign?

Associate
OP
Another update

I went to another place today, the last of my free appointments I had organised.

The place was called Penistone Dental Care http://www.penistonedentalcare.co.uk/, the guy I saw was called White, Marcos, he seemed like a really knowledgeable guy, he actually owns his own practice in Huddersfield called Court Yard Dental http://www.courtyarddental.co.uk/

He comes across from Huddersfield to do the Invisalign at Penistone dental.

Had a chat, talked about what other people had said and what he thought, said it would not be a problem to sort out with invisalign and mine would be a good case.

Quoted a price of £3700, which includes the invisalign treatment, whitening, and some cosmetic dentistry, basically getting to a point where I am happy.

We looked at the finance there and then and I would be able to pay for it over 36 months at 0%, organised another appointment in 2 weeks at which point I have to have signed the paperwork, it will cost about £102 a month if I take it up.

I don't know how much that guy makes, but after he had saw me he walked down the street a bit with me, as he left at the same time, and a guy was waiting to pick him up in a Blacked out Mercedes lol.

Got a good impression from the guy really.. as he said you will be seeing the dentist you choose quite a bit over the course of the treatment so you have to like them.

Associate
OP
Going back to Penistone dental I think tomorrow, got to make a decision.

i have not looked into clearstep as mentioned earlier, couldn't find any free consultations in my area!

Associate
OP
Anybody interested in an update ? its a year later and things are going pretty good! did this thread inspire anybody else to do it ? has anybody else started in the last year ?

Soldato
I had Invisalign done about 2 yrs ago, cost £3000 & had to wear 24 different braces, gradually pulling my teeth into line. No charge for the Invisalign consulation but did have to pay dentist for his time as usual. Dentist also did various bits of filing here & there along the way to make gaps which then closed as the teeth moved.

Results are fantastic, though I do need to wear the retainer every other day. Even a few days without it & I can feel the retainer becomes a very tight fit where the teeth have started to relapse.

You'd think after 2 yrs the bone would have strengthened around their new positions enough to allow me to get rid of the retainer but like I said it's still required, & after shelling out 3k I want them to stay straight!

Associate
OP
Yea reading the forums its pretty apparent that people have to continue with retainer wear for a while, a lot of people go for the bonded retainer, is that not something you considered ?

Associate
I had a class 3 malocclusion and therefore had to have traditional braces. I wore them for 4 years. This was a precursor to an operation that was required to fix my bite. I had my operation in September 2009 and braces came off 7 months later. Since then I wear invisalign style retainers to hold my teeth in place and they are great. I wear them about 2 or 3 nights a week and my teeth have not moved.

Soldato
Anybody interested in an update ? its a year later and things are going pretty good! did this thread inspire anybody else to do it ? has anybody else started in the last year ?

How about 10 years later?

I booked an appointment today to get my lower teeth looked at. In the centre, one tooth is gradually being pushed backwards and I think, over time, I'll end up in a situation where that tooth is sat behind the rest of my front row of teeth. Aesthetically, I'm not that bothered though of course I'd like my teeth to look nice, but functionally, I really don't want to have to have it extracted at some point because it's been pushed back.

I was wondering if anyone had just had their lower teeth sorted out and how much that might have cost? Definitely not in it for £3k!!

Soldato
I had Invisalign 10 years ago with good results, but got lazy with wearing the retainer overnight after about 5 yearsd, my teeth are slowly relapsing and the retainer stopped being able to fit years ago.

My advice to anyone considering Invisalign is to do it, it's really good, but get a spare retainer and (if possible) a copy of the file to generate another retainer in case you lose it.

Soldato
I had Invisalign 10 years ago with good results, but got lazy with wearing the retainer overnight after about 5 yearsd, my teeth are slowly relapsing and the retainer stopped being able to fit years ago.

My advice to anyone considering Invisalign is to do it, it's really good, but get a spare retainer and (if possible) a copy of the file to generate another retainer in case you lose it.

I can echo this.

Mine stopped fitting a long time ago, partly because of how disgusting they had become. My teeth have moved back (not too original, just moved).

Push for the permanent retainer if you can.

Soldato

I can echo this.

Mine stopped fitting a long time ago, partly because of how disgusting they had become. My teeth have moved back (not too original, just moved).

Push for the permanent retainer if you can.

Thanks for the advice, both of you. I'm hoping for the cheapest solution to be honest! I had enough of braces when I was younger, though. I'm hoping my tolerance will be a little better this time round. I also a small mouth, which means I've had a few teeth out and means they get pushed together sadly.

Soldato
Thanks for the advice, both of you. I'm hoping for the cheapest solution to be honest! I had enough of braces when I was younger, though. I'm hoping my tolerance will be a little better this time round. I also a small mouth, which means I've had a few teeth out and means they get pushed together sadly.

So if you had braces (as did i), it isnt as bad. You can remove them for example.

I paid around £3500 over 10 years ago. Some of the smile club options look around the £1300-£1600 mark. Have you tried those? Im not sure of the differences (if any) i must add.

That said, if you had braces previously, clearly your teeth are still moving. So i would recommend the permanent retainer, i wish i had done it (I got worried it would give me a lisp when speaking).

Back
Top Bottom