FedEx - Delivery date removed?

Soldato
So, I ordered some audio gear from California, US to the Netherlands last week, paid $82 for priority air shipping and all was great and NL FedEx even reached out to confirm the shipment and ask a few confirmation questions to stop any potential import delays. Great until Friday when it arrived in a French airport..... It stated there was a delay, all fine and well, to be expected in these times.

Fast forward over the weekend and I just checked and they have totally removed the delivery date and now it just states: No scheduled delivery date available at this time.

Anyone else had this with FedEx? Should I even bother calling them tomorrow? They originally took on the package Monday last week and it was a 2-3 day delivery. Noted, I did NOT expect that miracle to take place with the current times the way they are, and I'm not fussed about it being longer. I'm just concerned it suddenly has no delivery date at all nor a delayed delivery notification. This wasn't a cheap package either.... 4 figures worth of audio gear (not a big package, maybe the size of a couple of GPU boxes).

Soldato
I recently had UPS show "your package may be delayed" as a shipping status and "come back tomorrow for an estimated delivery date". -Two things I have not seen before.

My package left California a couple days later and arrived a day later than originally expected in Florida.

I think delevery systems are overwhelmed right now.

Soldato
OP
I recently had UPS show "your package may be delayed" as a shipping status and "come back tomorrow for an estimated delivery date". -Two things I have not seen before.

My package left California a couple days later and arrived a day later than originally expected in Florida.

I think delevery systems are overwhelmed right now.

Yea, I get the delivery companies are chaos at the moment. I'll give them another week and see whats what, it's just odd for them to actively remove delivery date or delay statement... If nothing by the end of this week, I'll probably reach out to the company I ordered from and see what they can do.

Associate
Aye, I've had this a couple of times with FedEx shipping Canada to the UK over the pandemic. Once it hit customs(or more often than not, it gets stuck at CDG) the delivery date is removed until it's gone through their systems. One package didn't get it's delivery date returned until it was out for delivery that day, not sure how that one worked but I've never had a failed delivery as yet.

Soldato
OP
Aye, I've had this a couple of times with FedEx shipping Canada to the UK over the pandemic. Once it hit customs(or more often than not, it gets stuck at CDG) the delivery date is removed until it's gone through their systems. One package didn't get it's delivery date returned until it was out for delivery that day, not sure how that one worked but I've never had a failed delivery as yet.

How often have you found for it to sit in customs? As I did get an email asking me to clarify a few things to help with it.

Associate
How often have you found for it to sit in customs? As I did get an email asking me to clarify a few things to help with it.

Of five shipments I've had delays on three of them. Two were cleared in less than 5 days, one took 16 days. No real explanation for it as they were all similar packages(clothing mostly) so just have to imagine it's backlogs at certain times!

Back
Top Bottom