What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Pushing through The Strain at the moment - tried twice before and couldn't make it more than 2-3 episodes in. Could have been so good paced a bit different and less contrived at times.

It's such a poor adapation, I gave up around a couple of episodes into season 3, I only got that far as i'd read the books and hoped it could pick up.

Soldato
It's such a poor adapation, I gave up around a couple of episodes into season 3, I only got that far as i'd read the books and hoped it could pick up.
The books are worth a read then?
Think I’ve made it to season 4 but struggling to maintain interest.

Seem to remember starting the first book and enjoying it but never got round to finishing the trilogy.

Soldato
The books are worth a read then?
Think I’ve made it to season 4 but struggling to maintain interest.

Seem to remember starting the first book and enjoying it but never got round to finishing the trilogy.

It's a fairly competent and well written trilogy with some decent unsignposted twists and turns along the way. However if you're at season 4 I assume the biggest wtf moment in the book has happened :D

Caporegime
Just watched squid game as so lacking in new netflix things to watch

Squid game
4/10
Watchable. But only as I'm at the bottom of the pile. Poor story writing and acting.

Nightflyers
5/10
Again watchable. But actors are annoying, the story is jumpy and things aren't explained at all.

Better than what I was expecting but harsh reviews are fair

Yeah, I'm definitely at the bottom of the pile for netflix!

Soldato
Am halfway through Squid Game and think the acting is great. The story writing is a bit convenient at times, but it’s basically a battle royale for TV, what were you expecting :D

Consigliere
Pushing through The Strain at the moment - tried twice before and couldn't make it more than 2-3 episodes in. Could have been so good paced a bit different and less contrived at times.

Weirdly stumbled across this on YouTube and after seeing a 2min arena fight scene, I thought "oo will make a note".

Now I am not so sure. :o

Man of Honour
Weirdly stumbled across this on YouTube and after seeing a 2min arena fight scene, I thought "oo will make a note".

Now I am not so sure. :o

It is pretty mixed - there is some good stuff but lots of stuff which um sucks the life out of it - characters who are needed for later story points but in the meantime are just annoying baggage and their storylines are just a drag. Too many instances of stuff which you just don't believe anyone would act like that given what they've seen and done before, etc.

Then there is the aspect that they show too much too soon really - they could have kept the more sinister feel up much longer especially as some of the monsters just look comical once revealed - or made more of an effort to create something more sinister.

The premise is great though and there are some really good characters/storylines as well.

Consigliere
It is pretty mixed - there is some good stuff but lots of stuff which um sucks the life out of it - characters who are needed for later story points but in the meantime are just annoying baggage and their storylines are just a drag. Too many instances of stuff which you just don't believe anyone would act like that given what they've seen and done before, etc.

Then there is the aspect that they show too much too soon really - they could have kept the more sinister feel up much longer especially as some of the monsters just look comical once revealed - or made more of an effort to create something more sinister.

The premise is great though and there are some really good characters/storylines as well.

Ah ha! Appreciate the insight and same to you @englishpremier - thank you!

Soldato
Watched a few TV shows over the last few weeks.

Ted Lasso Season 2. Different than season 1. And it took me a couple of episodes to get into it. But, once I did get into it, I started to really enjoy the show. And am looking forward to seeing what happens in Season 3.

Home After Dark. Season 2. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but, I think this is a great show. And the second season didn't disappoint.

Mr. Corman. Gave up after one episode. There was nothing in the first episode that would ever make me want to watch the second.

The Resident. Just started this after the fail that was Mr. Corman. Watched two episodes back to back and I think it's pretty good so far.

Consigliere

Just started 'Summer of Rockets' on Netflix. Fan of Keeley Hawes from Spooks and this looks like an interesting concept...first episode down and not bad at all. :)

Based just around the Cold War and has an espionage storyline.

Soldato
Started watching Clickbait on Netflix. I had avoided it, but saw it received over a 7/10 on IMDB.

After 10 minutes I'd had enough. After 17 I turned it off. It's pretty terrible. There was zero build up or background before the main event, so you feel nothing at all for the characters. The camera work is about as stable as my YouTube videos filmed during passage with 2 metres waves beam on. And it's one of those US shows that plays music overt he characters speak to try build tension that isn't there.

Starting watching Maid noticed the same shaky camera work. Is that a new style or is Neflix just paying companies to pump out content as fast as possible after all the covid delays?

I knew I should have started The Valhalla Murders instead.

Back
Top Bottom