What annoys you about your current car?

Soldato
W204 C63. The bleeding windscreen wipers squeak and I have utterly failed in my attempts to do anything about it.I have tried umpteen different makes of wiper, including Mercedes own, still squeak. I have cleaned, clayed, polished the screen. Still squeaks.

My next attempts are either replacing the screen or replacing the wiper arm linkage. Based on a theory of either the screen having been etched somehow (under street lights, you can see it's covered in microscratches) or the linkage having too much play in it.

Long shot, but have you checked the wiper arms? It's possible that if they've been twisted slightly, so the blade might not be held exactly perpendicular to the screen, which can cause them to squeak.

Soldato
The fact that it’s a ticking time bomb and will explode into a million pieces at some point (if you believe the internet). Other than that I quite like it.

The Sportage on the other hand… the main one is that it’s big on the outside, small on the inside. Also once you’re moving the pedal on the right only intensifies the diesel rattle rather than increases velocity.

Associate
It does, just tried it.

It’s done full postcode since at least Jan 2018

Well chuff me, I had assumed since it didn’t return a street name the magnifying glass icon indicated the search i had done and the others were the subsequent results. It had never crossed my mind to press the postcode result!

I assume the other results are points of interest or something?

Im going to blame bad UI design rather than admitting fault here

Soldato
Dacia Duster. The satnav/media display is set too low in the centre console. I actually have to move my head slightly to see the screen and it’s almost unreadable if the sun is hitting it from any angle. And forget reading it if you’re wearing polarised sunglasses.

Everything else is rather utilitarian, but it all works well enough for the money.

Associate
On the Skoda Kodiaq - the wave-your-foot-and-boot-closes functionality. Never works when you need it, but gets set off when least expecting. I really like the powered boot (being able to open and close the boot from the drivers' seat when dropping kids off, the little buggers never close the boot), but hate the kick to close stuff.

On my Ford KA - been mentioned above, but start/stop continually chooses the worst moment to engage, meaning I stall it occasionally, and you have to switch it off manually every time.

Same complaints on my car. I ended up disabling the boot sensor but haven't found a way to disable stop start yet.

Soldato
Long shot, but have you checked the wiper arms? It's possible that if they've been twisted slightly, so the blade might not be held exactly perpendicular to the screen, which can cause them to squeak.

Yeah, I've heard that too. They look like they're at a right angle to me, but I'm by no means 100% sure. That was one of the intentions with replacing the whole mechanism though. Because it's a shared part with a normal C-class, they're pretty common at scrappies, so you can get the whole lot for about £30.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Squeaky seals where side windows meets the softtop roof lining! When it's wet out they rub and squeak which is a bit annoying. Solved only by keeping the rpm above 3000 so induction noise drowns it out :p

mjt

mjt

Soldato
BMW i3: Range. Under 70 miles gets annoying when the other half has the internal combustion engine and you need to go further than 70 miles...

Soldato
W213 E63S, they are not really annoying things but there is not enough of a difference in suspension suppleness between comfort and sport+ considering it is an E class and its supposed to be a luxury car and there is too much tyre roar when travelling at speed which is slightly intrusive. Both things I forgive it for as its hilariously outrageous

Man of Honour
I think the most annoying thing about my current vehicle is that despite being an ageing platform, despite the drawbacks and that it has cost me a lot of money and I only use it probably less than 20% of the time for what it is actually intended for I'd still buy one all over again tomorrow.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I have been told that the best course of action is to use the spray version of Gummi-pflege as it's designed for exactly these areas. I've already got the standard pflege in the sponge applicator bottle that I use on door sill seals, boot seals etc but didn't know they did a spray bottle version too so this will seep into the crevice the window edge slots into :cool:

Back
Top Bottom