• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crysis 3 Remastered - 6900xt beat by 3060 12GB :[

Associate
Yep, as soon as is there any kind of decent RT reflections the AMD cards performance will cripple, they are decent with stuff like shadows and even so global illumination.

Soldato
#1 GameGPU results are fake.

#2 RT in 2&3 are done with Nvidia-only extensions so the RT cores on RDNA2 are not used and instead there's fallback to software-only aka goodbye performance.

Last edited:
Soldato
The game went heavy on RT like how FC6 went on VRAM. Just the usual NVIDIA/AMD shenanigans at play here

Totally different scenarios.

Farcry 6 vram issue doesn't cripple a 12gb card , still runs fast but in here the 6000 series are totally cripple

#1 GameGPU results are fake.

#2 RT in 2&3 are done with Nvidia-only extensions so the RT cores on RDNA2 are not used and instead there's fallback to software-only aka goodbye performance.

[/QUOTE6000 series do not have RT cores?

Caporegime

Farcry 6 vram issue doesn't cripple a 12gb card , still runs fast but in here the 6000 series are totally cripple
Many will disagree there, me being one. If you don't encounter stuttering/fps drops to 5 then you get ps 2/xbox 360 textures and that's happening across pretty much the whole nvidia lineup (heck even happening on consoles and amd gpus but to a much lesser extent)

With any game that uses ray tracing at somewhat normal levels, amd users just have to accept to turn the settings right down/off or/and use FSR/lower resolution if they want acceptable FPS.

As many keep saying in the FC 6 thread with regards to HD textures, the same can be said here, just turn them effects down/off since the cards don't have the grunt for it and no FSR/access to dlss.

Soldato
my 3080ti seems fine at 4k hd textures, I accidentally set it higher than 4k once and the benchmark ran at 2fps.

Interesting one about the texture though I'll have a look at that later, my impression is the graphics are not that impressive so will h have to see if that's why.

Caporegime
Soldato

Of course RX 6000 series have RT cores that how it gets its performance. Its just that you are comparing to different approaches nvidia have dedicated cores for doing RT AMD have shared cores.

Fail to code for AMD will tank performance.

Associate
Yeah actually I am impacted with my 3080ti, game looks okish but there is this kind of blurryness, reminded me abit like GTA IV on PS3

My 3080 Ti cannot run the HD Textures without textures looking like Half Life 1. If you want to see it, look at the nail gun resolver weapon with the pressure gauge. Looks like a PS2 class texture with the pack and below average without it. It also depends on which area you of the game you are in as the issue only occurs once the allocated VRAM exceeds 10.8GB. Once it drops below that, the high res textures start streaming again. You can fix this by turning on FSR, which solves the blurry textures but for some reason the game becomes a stuttery mess for me with FSR enabled.

Unfortunately, the stock textures of the game look below average without the pack so its a similar scenario. Just bear the low class textures on NVIDIA, even though PS5,Xbox and AMD GPUs can use them

Associate
My 3080 Ti cannot run the HD Textures without textures looking like Half Life 1. If you want to see it, look at the nail gun resolver weapon with the pressure gauge. Looks like a PS2 class texture with the pack and below average without it. It also depends on which area you of the game you are in as the issue only occurs once the allocated VRAM exceeds 10.8GB. Once it drops below that, the high res textures start streaming again. You can fix this by turning on FSR, which solves the blurry textures but for some reason the game becomes a stuttery mess for me with FSR enabled.

Unfortunately, the stock textures of the game look below average without the pack so its a similar scenario. Just bear the low class textures on NVIDIA, even though PS5,Xbox and AMD GPUs can use them

They have some work to on this game lot of bugs

Associate
Which store is Crysis 2 & 3 remaster on? I couldn't find them on either Steam or Origin?

Anybody thats played it.... worth it? I remember enjoying those games. Just not sure they are/where in need of a remaster yet...

Soldato
Which store is Crysis 2 & 3 remaster on? I couldn't find them on either Steam or Origin?

Anybody thats played it.... worth it? I remember enjoying those games. Just not sure they are/where in need of a remaster yet...

Epic Game Store (there's also a promotion giving you a $10? coupon going on afaik). Worth it? Depends on how much you like the games I guess, but for me it has to be either the trilogy for a tenner (and I'd frankly still wait for the DRM removal) or if they get put on gamepass. 1 Remastered is a clear performance AND visual upgrade, so good over the OG. 2R has the best visual upgrade probably but it's still not too big & it's a matter of taste if you like the new colour grading over the old one; performance is bad but your 3090 will do fine. 3R has shiny new reflections & DLSS, but that's mostly it all for the sweet cost of halving your fps or more, game's otherwise the same as the original.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Caporegime
Associate
Epic Game Store (there's also a promotion giving you a $10? coupon going on afaik). Worth it? Depends on how much you like the games I guess, but for me it has to be either the trilogy for a tenner (and I'd frankly still wait for the DRM removal) or if they get put on gamepass. 1 Remastered is a clear performance AND visual upgrade, so good over the OG. 2R has the best visual upgrade probably but it's still not too big & it's a matter of taste if you like the new colour grading over the old one; performance is bad but your 3090 will do fine. 3R has shiny new reflections & DLSS, but that's mostly it all for the sweet cost of halving your fps or more, game's otherwise the same as the original.
Say no more than EGS... I am avoiding that like the plague.
If they show up on Steam, or even Origin Ill wish-list them. I was thinking along the same lines... £10-15 for the trilogy could peak my interest.
Crysis Remaster is like £18 on Steam right now, which is a bit strong ...

Soldato
If Epic do another 10 quid coupon I'll maybe pick up the second providing it takes it down to about 7.50. Not sure I'd pay any more than that though for a game I already have.

Back
Top Bottom